Incoming Caller ID

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by b19wll, Dec 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. b19wll

Hello

I have just taken my first step into the world of 3CX and voip and so far am very please with it all. One thing that is puzzling me though is the lack of incoming caller ID. We have a 3CX system connected to a Patton 4554 ISDN gateway. When we dial out our caller ID is sent, but all incoming calls are marked as anonymous.

I have looked through the 3CX set up and the Patton set up several times and I cant find out what I am missing thats stopping this working.

Any suggestions would be gratefully appreciated.

Thanks

Will

2. b19wll

This is now sorted it turns out that BT did not have caller id on the line, Doh!

But now I am missing the 1st 0 from the number, any ideas?

Thanks

Will

3. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

The gateway should be passing on a number as it receives it. That said, check the 3CX log of an incoming call, that will show what 3CX is getting from the gateway. If you have an ISDN set to confirm what you are actually getting from BT, and that shows the zero being sent, then, for some reason it is the gateway removing the leading digit. In that case there may be a setting, in the gateway, that is striping digits, before passing the info to 3CX.

4. b19wll

On checking the logs the Patton SN4554 is removing the leading the 0 so I will start looking at the Patton, thanks for the tip 8)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.