Incoming Caller ID

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by TSlocum, Jan 21, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TSlocum

TSlocum New Member

We'd like incoming calls to show the Caller Name on our phones. We've got Cisco SPA514G phones with a Patton 4970 gateway. Is this something configured in 3CX, on the gateway, or somewhere else? We have it through our phone provider.

2. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

I would open a support case with Patton. They were great in helping me get caller Id up and running and realizing that the phone company had not completely set it up :)
    But they will look at the logs and know exactly what needs to happen to forward caller id to 3cx.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. TSlocum

TSlocum New Member

Thanks, that's what I did. They had me send in the configuration to check and we'll go from there.

4. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

This may be one of a number of issues. First of all, do you receive the number of the caller? If so then CID is working through the gateway. Next, check the 3CX logs to see if a name, along with the number is showing. If not, then confirm with your provider that the Caller Name feature is included in your service. Most companies charge extra as, in most cases, a look-up must be done in a database not owned by the provider. They must pay the holder of that database.

If your provider confirms that you do have the feature, and, the name is not showing in a 3CX log of an incoming call, then, suspect an issue with the gateway.

5. TSlocum

TSlocum New Member

It turns out we had signed up for only basic caller ID, which included the number only.

Thanks for you help everyone. Go ahead and close this topic if that's what you guys do around these parts.

6. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

you still have options with number id only - such as a local phone book on the phone of common numbers, clients, etc or other API's

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. TSlocum

TSlocum New Member

We signed up for name and number CID; it was only $2 more a month.

8. jasit

jasit New Member

Hey Craig,

What are the options with other api's, We have the caller number coming in, and we have added a bunch of them to our company address book, it kinda sucks, but works. I have seen with other voip pbxs that they will pull the name from the internet. I would love to do the same thing, just don't know where to begin.

Jasit

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.