Solved Incoming caller name/ no. not displayed

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by DanielM, Mar 3, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DanielM

Hi guys,
    I have managed to configure the 3CX PBX with an Skype SIP and 2 lines and everything was working perfect, however after I populated the Contacts, for all the incoming calls, I'm presented with an unusual Caller ID/ Name - :In_call:Group_1 .
    Basically this is the name off the Inbound rule In_call and the name of the group of extensions Group_1.
    Is there a way to change that and forward the name of the caller from the Contacts list? and/or display the phone number?
    I'm using the IOS client, Android client and Windows/ Mac OS app clients.
    Thank you for you support !

#1 DanielM, Mar 3, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 3, 2017
  2. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

So caller id was showing before you put people into the 3cx Phonebook?
    Using a supported provider, my caller id works fine - without looking up in the Phonebook. And, if they are in the phonebook, it works too.

Are you using a Generic template for the provider? Are you using Skype Connect? What is presented in the logs with the incoming call? You can turn off the prepending of group and did name - and perhaps it is just running off the display?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. DanielM

Yes before adding names in the phone book, the caller id was displayed correctly *without name, just the number. After I added the Names, it's not showing the numbers or the name from the phone book associated with that number. Sorry for not mentioning before, I'm using an Skype Connect and the SIP Trunk is configured as S Connect.

4. DanielM

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.