Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

incoming calls can't access menu

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by birsey, Jun 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. birsey

Hello I am new to the system so may be asking questions covered elsewhere.
    Incoming calls from a landline which arrive on our 3CX via a grandstream GXW4104 are not able to access our menu system (press 1 for sales etc) However calls via our sipgate telephone number work fine as does calls from mobiles. Can anyone tell me where my problem lies and what needs to be done to rectify it. Many thanks Chris

2. willow

willow Member

check the dtmf handling for the grandstream. ie sip info, rfc and out of band. should normally be rfc

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. birsey

Thanks Willow, That has done the trick. The system is about 1 second slower to react to menu prompts from callers routed through the granstream than through our sipgate account. Is this normal or are there adjustments.
    Many thanks again

4. willow

willow Member

there probably will be a little delat becuase the information has to be converted from analog by the grandstream and then sent to the 3cx. as opposed to the sip trunk that terminated directly to the 3cx. it may also be that the grandstream is waiting a second or 2 for more tones before it sends its. one second is managable it it were 4 of more I would then look at it. Just make sure the Grandstream is to date and the 3cx and grandstream are as close together on the network as possible. ie on the same switch.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.