Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Incoming calls from SIP Provider

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by HatchITMan, Jan 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HatchITMan

I am running 3CX Phone System Version5.0.3790.0, using a PSTN adapter and Sipgate for outside calls. Outgoing calls on both lines work correctly, and so do incoming calls on the PSTN line. Incoming calls on Sipgate usually result in an engaged tone o the caller after some 20 seconds. They are never logged by 3CX. The few times I have got a connection the line works properly.

3CX is running on a Windows 2003 SBS system behind a 2003 SBS VPN Gateway, connected to my ISP by a SpeedTouch780 ADSL2+ Modem. If I forward ports 9000-9007 in the modem and VPN server, the firewall tests reports the following:-

1 9000 Error (4) The STUN server returned an ip which is not accessible from outside. addrFromSTUN =
    xx.xxx.xxx.xx:53207
    2 9000 Error (6) An incompatible NAT configuration has been detected. Please check FAQ for further information. addrFromAgent =
    xx.xxx.xxx.xx:53215
    addrFromSTUN =
    3 9000 Warning (8) Local port is not blocked from outside. STUN server has returned global port different from the local one, but the local port is also accessible from outside.
    4 9000 Warning (10) Port is open, but port number has been changed. In general this should not present any problems. externalAddress =

I cannot find a relevant FAQ - what am I doing wrong?

If I disable forwarding in the router I get the following:-

1 9000 Error (4) The STUN server returned an ip which is not accessible from outside. addrFromSTUN =
    xx.xxx.xxx.xx:53340
    2 9000 Warning (10) Port is open, but port number has been changed. In general this should not present any problems. externalAddress =
    xx.xxx.xxx.xx5:53340

Any help would be appreciated.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. igor.snezhko

igor.snezhko Active Member

In your case the 3CX server acts as sipgate client (just ar regular softphone). So:

1. Do not open any ports on modem.
    2. Use STUN in 3CX
    3. Consult you modem documentation about proper NAT config.
    4. Upgrade your modem's firmware

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.