Incoming calls from sip trunks

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Mike99, Aug 29, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mike99

Hi, I have configured a generic SIP trunk between Cisco Call manager Express and 3CX. The setup is composed of a SIP trunk having 4000 as main number. On both sides (CME and 3CX) I have extensions with the numbers 4XX.
    I am facing a problem on the 3CX side where I am unable to receive calls from CME. I couldn't find any setting that allows call redirection to the called extension. On the SIP trunk settings (3CX) there is setting to route calls to the main number where one can select the destination extension. In my case I would like if the called number from CME is 458, the call should be directed to the extension 458 in 3CX. Unfortunately the call is directed to the operator. Since I have several extensions, I would like to avoid creating single sip trunks for each extension.

Thanks in advance

2. Mike99

I found this video indicating the use of DIDs' ... configured and its working..

For info, are there other methods of configuring call re-direction ?

Thanks

3. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

4. Mike99

Hi Leejor,

Can one bridge a 3CX and a Cisco CME ? Haven't tried that yet.

Anyway thanks for your comment ..

5. NickD_3CX

NickD_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

There is a guide that explains how to do this for Asterisk and 3CX: https://www.3cx.com/docs/bridging-asterisk-pbx/

If you can adapt the Asterisk settings to CME and make it behave in the same way, then you should be able to do it. At the end of the guide there is also a screenshot of a REGISTER message of how it should look which could help you setup CME.

I seem to recall having seen on the forums a few other users have done this and it works, but I can't recall anyone saying specifics about how to do it.

6. Mike99

Thanks Nick,

Since this is a temp. solution, I will go with generic trunk.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.