Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Incoming calls not matched to contacts

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by mburtscher, Nov 24, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mburtscher

Hi,

we have a problem with contact matching of incoming calls. We have configured several clients in the company phone book. Call log shows the contact's picture for incoming and outgoing calls but shows the name of the contact only for outgoing calls.

Is there something wrong with the incoming caller id handling? It's kind of strange since the contact is recognized (picture shows up) but not the name.

Thank you!

Kindest regards,
    Matthias

Attached Files:

2. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hello @mburtscher

Please navigate to Contacts / Options and check what you have selected under "Match Caller ID's to a contact entry" . If the Match exactly option is set it could be that the number sent from the provider does not exactly match the entry of the PBX. You could try setting it to match the last 6 or 8 characters depending on the length of the number and see if that works. Don't set a low number there as this could cause the PBX matching wrong numbers to entries in the phonebook.

3. mburtscher

It actually is set to "match the last 6 characters". Here are two screenshots with a contact created and one without having the contact stored in the system:

I'm confused because it shows the correct picture for the contact but not the name.

2017-11-24_006.png 2017-11-24_005.png

4. YiannisH_3CX

Staff Member 3CX Support

How is call coming in? Are you using a Voip provider or through an gateway etc? It looks as the same call comes in the system in 2 different formats.

5. mburtscher

We are using the settings provided by our SIP trunk provider Telematica (AT). Inbound reformatting is configured as follows:

1. 43(.*) → 0\1
    2. (.*) → 00\1

The „Caller Number/Name Field Mapping“ is configured like this:

CallerNum: From: User Part
    CalledNum: To: User Part
    CallerName: Leave default value

6. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

As I understand it, you only see the picture on incoming calls, and you want that on outgoing calls as well. Is that correct? As a name is shown on both calls, it suggests that the same directory is not being used in both directions. Normally, when a user dials a number, the name will show, if there is a match, but it is taken from the internal directory of the set. On an incoming call, a match can be made to a common directory, that also contains additional information, such as the picture, and send that along with the name or any other information.

Apologies if I'm not I'm understanding the issue correctly.

7. mburtscher

I'll try to explain again, maybe one of us misunderstood what the problem is.

We are only talking about the global company phonebook of 3CX.

If there is no contact at all
    , the call log shows this picture:

2017-11-24_005.png

The first one (green) is an outgoing call. The second one (red) is a missed incoming call from the same number.

If there is a contact with the phone number 055747160XX the call log shows this picture:

2017-11-24_006.png

These are the same calls just with a contact defined. Since the contact's picture shows up for both the incoming and outgoing call I assume that 3CS was able to match the calls to the contact in both cases. However it does not show the contact's name for the missed incoming call.

And that's exactly the problem: Why is no name shown even if there is a contact match in the second case (missed incoming call)?

8. YiannisH_3CX

Staff Member 3CX Support

where are you storing the contact from? I am assuming the Web client since the contact has a photo. Can you see the callers name correctly on a physical device or is it the same behaviour?

9. mburtscher

Yes the contact was added from the web client. I cannot see the caller's name on the physical device (Yealink SIP T-46G) since only extension contacts are shown on the device's phone book. Even entries from the “company phone book” are not available on the physical device.

10. YiannisH_3CX

Staff Member 3CX Support

Everything that is under the contacts of the PBX should be visible under the physicals device phonebook. Are these contacts added under Company or personal contacts? What is the version of the PBX you are using? You can see the exact build number on the Dashboard next to the licence tab.

11. mburtscher

OK, I now figured out that the physical Yealink device will only show the contact if a) the forename or surname is filled (not only company) and b) the phone number is stored in the “mobile” field. So the phone now shows the name correctly but the call log is still inconsistent (see screenshots above).

The version is 15.5.6354.2

12. YiannisH_3CX

Staff Member 3CX Support

Sorry for the late reply, i managed to replicate the issue and it happens when the contact does not have specified a First and a last name.
    The web client recognises the contact but does not populate the company name in incoming calls. This will be fixed in a future update.
    Thank you for reporting and helping us troubleshoot.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.