Incoming calls sometimes don't come in

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by MikeyG.IT, Jan 4, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MikeyG.IT

I am having an intermittent issue of incoming calls not coming through. I am using a patton gateway. Looking through the activity logs, I see the error of "There's another STUN server that resolves to the same IP: xxx.xx.xxx.xx:3478/UDP fk=0; ignored". I am wondering if this is my issue?

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

I don't think that that will be affecting calls, it may just be telling you that you have the same STUN server in the settings twice.

What happens when calls don't "come through"? Do you mean that they just keep ringing?
    Have you confirmed that each PSTN line is connected to the jacks on the gateway? Unplug at the back of the gateway, and plug the line into an analogue phone to check for dialtone and incoming calls.

If a call is being received by the gateway and being passed on to 3CX, there will be a log showing where that call routes.

3. eddv123

eddv123 Well-Known Member

Or if you issue occurs regularly enough that you can trace through the Patton you could try:
    https://www.patton.com/support/kb_art.asp?art=327&

This is also a good option if you run your logs on 3CX and find that the call is not reaching the PBX.

4. MikeyG.IT

There is indeed dial tone on the analog lines. At random, a caller will report when calling in that it continuously rings.

5. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

If you can't find a 3CX log associated with the call, then there is a possibility that it may be routing to a destination other than your PSTN trunks. Are the callers able to reach you on a second attempt? Are the callers having the issue, all originating from some common point (all on the same cell network, all are long distance callers, all are calling from one particular exchange in your city...)?

6. MikeyG.IT

It is a client phone system so it is hard for me to put my finger on the specifics. The majority of calls are coming from a cell phone. From what I'm told, incoming calls sometimes have to be attempted multiple times before the call will actually come through to the PBX. Outgoing calls from 3cx seem to work without any intermittent issues.

7. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

As I said, if there is no log showing a call being passed onto 3CX, then it is either a gateway issue, and you may be able to use a Syslog program to see if the gateway is even seeing an incoming call, or, it is a PSTN/phone network issue. It may be that if you number is ported to your provider, that something is missing somewhere. there ia an additional phone line programmed in your providers switch, part of a hunt group, that callers sometime land on.

If you could duplicate the issue with consistency, then you could have your PSTN provider look into it for you. Short of splitting all of your PSTN lines, and adding single line phones to each, so you can hear line each ring, when there is an incoming call to the gateway, then, placing a lot of test calls, you may want to check any logging system built into the gateway to confirm that callers are actually reaching it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.