Incoming Calls: This Call Cannot Be Completed

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by bsloan9858, May 22, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bsloan9858

Hi everyone,

We're having an issue with our 3CX PBX, sometimes incoming callers get a message "This call cannot be completed at this time" then 3CX ends the call. I checked with our SIP provider, the calls are successfully connected to our 3CX PBX. I've checked the 3CX logs to see if it indicates anything and I haven't noticed anything unusual. I've also checked the windows event viewer logs with the same result, no issues. When this happens, all incoming calls receive this message. We are able to successfully place outgoing calls with no issue.

I believe this issue has something to do with Call Queues as we never had this issue until we started using them. Our SIP trunk directly connects to a call queue where an intro prompt is played and then hold music begins to play as it rings the extensions in the queue. The issue only happens every few weeks and we simply log in and restart ALL services to resolve the issue. There isn't any services stopped when the issue happens via the 3CX activity log, service status page, and Windows Services app. We have V14 with SP3 installed and have a 4 channel license.

I'm posting this as I really have no idea what it could possibly be. I know I'm most likely leaving out some critical information so please be considerate in your responses.

Thanks
    Brandon

2. daktur

daktur New Member

@bsloan9858

Isn't it related to the tunnel issue that was resolve in v15? It sound like something related.

V14 have some inexplicable bugs that happen without pior notice or action...

You should consider upgrading to v15.

Good luck.

3. bsloan9858

We don't have any tunnels setup. All phones are connected to the PBX on our local network. We tried v15 a few months ago but had nothing but problems! Our phones (yealink t48gs) wouldn't provision by any means with v15. Plus we still have some older cisco 7900s that don't support http provisioning.

4. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

The 3CX Activity log should show why the call was terminated. Could you be going over your licence limit?

5. bsloan9858

No license limit errors. We have a 4 channel license and the log will clearly show that there is only 1 call active (incoming call) and the caller receives the message. Log's show the PBX is playing the message then ending the call (BYE from PBX).

Any ideas? This issue has plagued us for far too long. We are looking for PBX alternatives.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.