Incoming calls when on the phone

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by oliverm, Jun 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. oliverm

Hi,

Currently all calls come in here to the all users group. If someone is on a call when a call comes in, they aren't able to pick up that new call and answer it as their phone doesnt ring and a line light doesnt light up for the incoming call. Other phones do ring.

Is there a way that I can get 3cx set up so that when a call comes in, people already on the phone can still answer it? This is useful when we are in meetings and the PA has to take all the calls, or when the office is short staffed.

Ta

Olly

2. LeonidasG

LeonidasG Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hi,

You can do this by going in your Extension settings in the PBX > Forwarding Rules > Available > I want to be able to accept more than 1 call at the same time.
    Click that option and that should do the trick.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. mfm

mfm Active Member

Hi,

Also if you are using a ring group you need to go to settings > Advanced > Custom Parameters >

ALLOWUSEBUSYOPTFORGROUP ="1" will enable use of phone 'Busy' status instead of 'PBX status' for members of ring groups 1

This allows sending to extensions that are busy.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. stuart.rendall

This is actually really useful. But, you need a system restart for the changes to occur.

Thanks
    Stuart

5. fychan

Hey this really works!!!
    But its going to be a nightmare if I want this to be default settings for every new Ext I create....

Anyway to make this less painful??

6. carolinainnovative

for creating the individual extension here and there, you're just going to have to remember to SET it... HOWEVER when you need to create multiple extensions, consider IMPORTING them - it will let you set this flag as part of the import.

See here: http://www.3cx.com/blog/docs/bulk-extension-import/

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.