Incoming Calls...

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Anonymous, Nov 26, 2006.

1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Having looked through all the PBX systems out there, I've decided on 3CX which I'm in the process of installing. I hope to be able to contribute to development if this system. I have a quick question (while I'm watching the progress bar on my OS installation...)

I intend to use this system soley with a VOIP provider, the question I have is, if someone calls me on my VOIP number, will calls still come in on that number if someone else rings? Or can I get 3CX to decide to do with the second call?

Cheers

T

(On a learning curve...)

2. Nick Galea

Nick Galea Site Admin

VOIP provider - multiple calls

Hi T,

Glad to hear you chose 3CX! :)

Reference someone calling you when you have a line busy already:

This depends on your VOIP provider. You need to ask your VOIP provider what it does when one line is busy already. If it has the ability to forward the call to a second account, then you would have to setup this separate account as an additional VOIP provider line and then the second call would come in as a separate call. Please check with your provider and let us know how it handles it and then we can see how we can make it work with 3CX.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

3CX Phone System

Ok, after a bit of testing, I've worked out that 3CX will take a second incoming call. However, what happens when it takes it is another thing. So far it has varied between...

- Cutting off the first call...
    - Cutting off the both calls...

Also, even with voicemail enabled, the phone rings and cuts off or just rings. If I hit ignore on my softphone, it just cuts off. Logs can be provided if needs be.

4. Nick Galea

Nick Galea Site Admin

Multiple lines

Hi,

What VOIP provider are you using? How does it handle multiple calls? Please let us know more details about this. I assume you have setup one account in 3CX? Have you configured it to support multiple lines? Please send us more details to support at 3cx.com and we can work on this with you.

5. archie

archie Well-Known Member
    3CX Staff

Re: 3CX Phone System

Yes, the version you have just can not handle two calls on the same external line simultaneousely. Recently we've improved this, and latest fix should at least not to cut off the call. Although, it will route it to the same destination, and if your phone supports more than one line - another line will ring. Otherwise, most probably you will get 'Busy' on caller's side.
    I'm still not sure about if it will work all correct. We need time to reproduce this situation in our lab, and than adjust code to handle such situations orrectly.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

3CX Phone System

I'll give you a quick lowdown on my setup.

Server:

PIII 800 Mhz
    320 MB RAM
    40Gb HDD
    Windows 2000 Pro SP4
    3CX

SIP Provider: Sipgate.co.uk

2 lines - 0845**** & 0143*******
    1 Extension - 100
    1 Group - 101

Voicemail is enabled

On my PC, i'm using X-lite 3.0

Having done more research, when a second call comes in, on either line, it goes to line 2 on x-lite. It's what happens next is the issue.

I noticed in another post that the agent has to be registered for voicemail to work. This does not seem to be happening if the agent is registered or not.

When i get in this evening, i will send you as much log info as possible.

one thing I haven't tried is connecting directly to Sipgate with X-lite and seeing if i get the same issues. Has anybody else had issues with Sipgate?

T

(On a learning curve..)

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ok.... Tested X-Lite with sipgate. Works fine. And I get sound as well!. I never noticed before due to me thinking it was something to do with my firewall. But on a second look, I have no sound. The digital assistant doesn't seem to work either.

In fact, nothing is working to be honest. I'm a bit tired a frustrated. I've followed ever step and instruction but I'm have absolutely no luck. The only thing that seems to work is registering my Softphone.

I'm in the process of sending a copy of tonights logs to you.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Update,

I tried another low featured PBX system for windows and that worked fine apart from the voicemail not working. Again i got sound etc. So I've re-installed 3CX on the same machine and on another machine. Both machines give no audio and random connection problem. i see other peeps are getting voicemail and the DR. Is it just me having these problems or are other people getting this?

i know it sounds like I'm moaning more and more with every post but others seem to be having some joy. If I could get the DR and voicemail to work, that would be a good start. Any ideas??...... Anyone??....

9. Nick Galea

Nick Galea Site Admin

Hi Tupoar,

Thanks for your feedback. With what exactly are you experiencing problems? Inbound calls? Calls outbound via a VOIP provider? Recording voice mails? Why would you install 3CX PhoneSystem on two machines? Or are you referring to the VOIP phone? Please elaborate.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

With what exactly are you experiencing problems? Inbound calls? Yes! Sometimes I'll hear a ring sound on my landline. Most times not. I get no sound when I answer an incoming call. An incoming call will last no more that 15 seconds before it cuts off. Sometimes it cuts off and I haven't answered. Overall, no sound... at all....

Calls outbound via a VOIP provider? Haven't tested that bit much yet. I tried calling my second VOIP number from the first and that came up dead. Even though it's set up on 3cx.

Recording voice mails? Voice mail doesn't answer or do anything. logged in or not. The DR doesn't work either even though I have created a conforming wav file for it to use.

Why would you install 3CX PhoneSystem on two machines? Because i thought it might be a fault with the machine I was using so i built a new machine to see what happened. Installed 3CX and the same things happened.

It's very random and unpredictable. I could try 10 calls and get 10 different results. Each time though, it ends in failure. i get home from work every night and spend a few hours tweaking the setup of 3CX, my windows box and my firewall. i know it's still in beta so I'll try and remain patient...

PS I'm using a Smoothwall Firewall with a mod for hardcore port forwarding. I maybe a newbie with PBX's but I know my firewalls....