• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Incoming ISDN calls on Eumex 300 IP / AVM Fritzbox WORKING

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arnaud

Reaction score
Incoming ISDN calls on Eumex 300 IP / AVM Fritzbox

Hi,

with some tips from 3CX itself (thanks Nick!), and many sources on the internet I managed to find a way to use my Eumex 300 IP as gateway for receiving incoming ISDN PSTN calls on my 3CX switch. Because it had been difficult to get to this point, I decided to capture some of the information, and post it in this forum. Maybe it'll help some of you.

With all my outbound calls going via VOIP providers anyway, I was looking for a cheap way to connect my existing PSTN connection to the 3CX switch. Just only for the purpose of receiving PSTN calls on my 3CX swtich. More or less as a temporary solution, as long as people know me under the landline number. I've not yet transferred this number to a VOIP provider.

Nowadays you can buy the Eumex 300 IP for just a few Euro's on Ebay (I managed to buy one for just 1 Euro + 3.90 Shipping costs). It can act as interface for ISDN or Analogue lines.
The Telekom Eumex 300IP is in fact a AVM Fritzbox Fon, just packaged in a Telekom box, and loaded with Telekom firmware. This can be easily modified, and you can turn your Eumex into a Fritzbox again.
More info: http://www.ip-phone-forum.de/showthread.php?t=97668
Additionally I loaded the DS-MOD software on it, providing some extra features, like SSH, FTP etc.
http://wiki.ip-phone-forum.de/software:ds-mod:installation#friboli
(most of the sources are in German)
A big thank you to all the people who have worked on this.

In my setup the Fritzbox is just a VOIP gateway. My internet access is provided by a different router.

In 3CX just configure a standard PSTN port, in my case it became 10003
To use the Fritzbox as gateway for the 3CX switch I configured it as follows:

I've not yet managed to forward the caller ID information. On my phone, incoming calls now appears as coming from the internal 3CX number.
There's more to be discovered and tested, but this should get you started.
Feel free to drop me a private message, should you have questions about the configuration.

Regards,
Arnaud

Ηello!

I use the Fritz! Box Fon 7140 as Internet and Telephony system.

I've transfered my PSTN number to a VoIP Provider and my VoIP provider doesn't support other VoIP Providers Registring.
Also doesn't support registers my old PSTN number as "line1" in ISP's Asterisk Server through a vpn!

Then, I can't use 3CX for using automated attendant, etc.

Then it would be nice, if I can use a FRITZ! BOX FON, for Internet and Telephony through 3CX for handling and forwarding calls to fritzbox again.

Thanks!

Hi Andreas,
I'm not really sure I understand what you're trying to do, and why. Feel free to drop me a PM, with more information. Are you German speaking ? In that case, you can just write German.
Regards,
Arnaud

Hi Arnaud,

This is great stuff!!! Thank you very much for this documentation. You did an excellent tip, i recall i gave you very sparse information - sorry :)

I hope that AVM will include outbound functionality in future versions of the fritzbox.

Meanwhile, would it be OK if i put this info on our wiki at wiki.3cx.com (of course we will mention you as the contributor)

Nick

Hi Nick, sure. Please add this to the wiki, so others might be helped by this as well. I'll try to answer Andreas' question as well, but will have to test it first. He's looking at doing the VOIP registeration (to two providers) from his Fritzbox, but forwarding all incoming calls from the Fritzbox to the 3CX server, to have them answerred by the digital receptionist.
You might argue that doing the registration straight from 3CX itself is easier, but it's probably because the analog phone is on the fritzbox as well.

Hi

We are adding this to the 3CX Wiki in the Community supported devices.

Once again thanks to Arnaud.

I've tested the scenario Andreas was asking for. Using the fritzbox to register with the VOIP provider, but having incoming call forwarded by the fritzbox to the 3CX IP PBX.
This works.
In addition to registering the fritzbox to your 3CX (as explained above), also registered under "internet telefonie" with your VOIP provider as well, in my test case 1und1.de.
In the section "rufumleitung| you can configure to have all incoming call from this number to be forwarded to a 3CX extension (in my case call-group 800), using the line registered with 3CX.

After many problems with 1und1 configured on my 3CX (showing up green in the overview, but no incoming nor logging after some time), I'm now trying this solution myself. It'll only provide a solution for incoming calls though.

It is wonderful :D

Nice..Thanks :shock:

But.. I have probs with CLIP :(

ok. it is ok i have FRITZ!Box Fon 5124 Annex A, Firmware version 57.04.34
i have config a pstn gateway, all call to pstn in fritz!box are incaming to 1003 on 3cx.
my fritz include 2 fxs port.
can i config this port like 3cx extensions?
tank's

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Samuel_1997
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.