incoming line identification

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by jon honeyball, Jul 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jon honeyball

i have grandstream 4104 and grandstream 2000 phones.

I have set up the 4104 and 2000's according to the 3cx instructions.

It appears that all four lines on the 4104 (I have four analogue phone lines) are treated as one virtual line. So when I make a call, I cant seem to choose which line I want to go out on. Also when I have an incoming call on, say, line 2, nothing on the 2000 indicates that this is actually line 2 -- indeed the phone says "Line 1" and the Line 1 button flashes on the phone.

How do I get it so that my four lines appear as line 1 to line 4 on the 2000 phone (preferably with support for the line1 to 4 buttons)? And that I get control of each line seperately? (Each line has different functional use, hence the need)

thanks

jon

2. justin

Well it depends...I'm unfamiliar with that phone so does it register as 4 different extensions or just one?

If it only registers as one there's nothing that I know of doing as all my hardware uses individual extensions.
    If it registers as 4 different extensions, you can create an outbound rule that sets each extension to use a different outbound line therefor having individual control of the lines.

3. jon honeyball

hi there -- thanks for thoughts

the phone registers as one extension, I think, by default on the 3cx setup. it has 4 "accounts" in the tabs -- account 1, 2 3 4. each can be on a different set of logins to the 3cx, so i guess that might be 4 extensions? Yes, that looks right -- so I could set up 4 extension numbers for this phone if i set up 4 extensions in 3cx. however, extension 1 uses sip port 5060, extension 2 uses 5062 etc. hmmm

im actually more interested in making the 4104 look like 4 seperate phone lines, rather than 4 in a round-robin logical single unit. Happy to dial a prefix number to choose outside line but was hoping to get the handsets line 1 to 4 buttons to be able to instruct 3cx and hence 4104 which line to use. That would be the easiest functionality, and would mirror what happens on a normal pabx.

4. jon honeyball

To be clear: on the 4104 I have 4 analogue lines.

Phone Number 1: Yes
    Phone Number 2: Yes
    Phone Number 3: Yes
    Phone Number 4: Yes

FXO Line Connected:
    Line 1: No
    Line 2: Yes
    Line 3: No
    Line 4: No

Curently only one line connected for test purposes

call routing is set to {x+} (1 stage dialling)

I have 4 channels set up numbered 1 to 4 -- each has own sip user id etc

jon

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

In order to specify whcih line to use for outbound calls on the Grandstream, create an outbound rule which prepends 99X to the number.

For example, to use line 3, 993XXXXXXX where XXXXXX is the number to dial.

Thanks,

6. jon honeyball

Sorry, dont understand. I cant put "99X" into the prepend -- it wont accept that.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If you wanted to redirect calls to the frist line, prepend 991, second line 992 etc...

Thanks,

8. jon honeyball

Thanks

got it all working now -- bought the software and the support package from zensoftware, and Emmet there has been very helpful

junked the grandstream 4104 for the moment, replaced with a patton 4 line analogue thingy.

9. kevin

kevin Member

Hi Jon

Excellent news!

Regards

Kevin

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.