• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Incoming line volume

Status
Not open for further replies.

Psychlist1972

Reaction score
So that I may track this down better, is there anything in the 3CX server that affects the volume (audio level) of incoming calls, or is that all a factor of the PSTN line and the VOIP Gateway?

My incoming calls are very low volume both in live calls and in voicemail.

Thanks

Pete

Audio level

Not in 3cx.

What gateway are you using? Are there no audio (gain/att) settings?

Graeme.

It appears to have settings for volume. I've been in contact with Grandstream today to figure out why those settings have zero effect on the volume :)

GrandStream HT-503. Brand new, not officially supported by 3CX yet.

Pete

3CX like acoustic system... volume... try to adjust your amplifier first...
Do you still think about 3CX PBX like about new phone?.. or gateway?..

SY said:

Sorry, I really tried, but I just can't parse what you're saying here. I think I get the first part, but not the second part.

Pete

Have you trie to adjust the PSTN To GrandStream gain and the GrandStream to PSTN gain?

The 3CX have no issues to adjust any volume in your call configuration.

Psychlist1972 said:
SY said:

Sorry, I really tried, but I just can't parse what you're saying here. I think I get the first part, but not the second part.

Pete

PBX just a wire that delivers signal generated by your phone to requested destination. If your phone will have disconnected microphone, will you ask 3CX to amplify and deliver your voice to your interlocutor?

Just imagine how you will ask AATT(or any other telecommunication provider) to amplify your whisper, or "shut up" your shout to provide a comfort level of sound to your interlocutor, because he don't accept your tone in some specific cases (or the same request but in other direction)?

Pete, sorry for unclear explanations...

Regards

I understand your comments now.

My originaly question was only whether or not the 3CX software had any impact on that, not whether or not you guys could do something about it :) That way I could concentrate my debugging on the gateway.

Thanks for the explanation. It jives with my understanding of the technology, but I had to double-check :)

FWIW, the old all-in-one hardware analog PBX at my last company did handle amplification and normalization of volume to some level. It was a bit of pain, truthfully.

Pete

Psychlist1972 said:
I understand your comments now.

My originaly question was only whether or not the 3CX software had any impact on that, not whether or not you guys could do something about it :) That way I could concentrate my debugging on the gateway.

Thanks for the explanation. It jives with my understanding of the technology, but I had to double-check :)

FWIW, the old all-in-one hardware analog PBX at my last company did handle amplification and normalization of volume to some level. It was a bit of pain, truthfully.

Pete

Pete,

At the moment, we are trying to avoid any influences on functionality of other devices. Manipulations with audio stream is a last number in the queue of experiments :)

Is it really true regarding "It was a bit of pain, truthfully"? Which kind of effects did cause a "pain"?

Thanks,

You'll have to bear with me, as it has been 12 years since I worked there :)

I recall having problems with it making speakerphone calls really choppy and causing issues with some headsets that were in use. In addition, it tended to make hold music (when put on hold by the outside party) very annoying sounding.

Pete

Psychlist1972 said:
You'll have to bear with me, as it has been 12 years since I worked there :)

I recall having problems with it making speakerphone calls really choppy and causing issues with some headsets that were in use. In addition, it tended to make hold music (when put on hold by the outside party) very annoying sounding.

Pete

I just try to estimate advantages/disadvantages of AGC. Currently, I'm feeling that such modification of audio stream will cause a problems to other devices and next RTP proxy.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
julian1234
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.