• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Incoming / Outgoing calls can't hear other party

Status
Not open for further replies.

tehrichie

Reaction score
Hello,

I just recently purchased a Mitel 5215 phone to use with my 3cx system. I've been having one heck of a time with it the past couple of days, trying to get it fully operational.

I believe I have all my ports forwarded correctly, and the 3cx system setup fine. I'm just wondering if there are still issues on my end through my network. The server is not on the same network as the network that the phone is connected too. I am able to dial out with the phone, I cannot hear the party I am calling, but they can hear me.

As for calls coming INTO the system, the caller will reach out automated receptionist, and dial my extension, but won't get the voice mail right away. This at least tells me that my phone is correctly registered into the 3cx system, but the phone isn't ringing on my end. Has anyone ever had any similar issues, or have this phone and can help me? Any information is appreciated, and please let me know if I was thorough enough to get this issue resolved. Thank you.

-Rich

It would be recommended you first try to set up and use the 3CX phone client to see if this works well. Like this you will ensure that the system is working correctly.

After doing this then you can try to use the Phone you are trying to set up. Two things you can check for are:

Firewall on the 3CX server machine (disable if possible)
STUN (enable for remote extension and disable for local extension).

Please note that the phone you are using is not one of the supported phones. It is recommended you do use one of the recommended phones mentioned on http://www.3cx.com/sip-phones/

regards

Are there any other VoIP devices on the same network that the phone is located on. If so then there may be a conflict with the port, try changing from the (usual) default of 5060 to 5065 or another port number.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.