• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Incomming Rules & Number Prefix

Status
Not open for further replies.

robbudge

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Ok Complete Noob

got the server up and running, and configured some call groups.

We have a total of 4 lines.
each with a unique number
Each line represents a different division of the company.

Each user will dial 9,8,7,6 to select which branch they are calling from, and therefor on the recipients phone the correct division's number is shown.

now when we get a incoming on say on number '2' i route the call to the relevant group, All is good so far.

Now some users have access to more than one group.
3CX assistant displays which 'Group Name' the call is from the the phones ring, so the user knows how to correctly answer the call.

All looking good so far.

Now here's my question.
The missed call log shows the callers original number.
Now we dial 9 for line 1
Dial 8 for Line 2

if a call is received via Line 2. can i prefix the number that is displayed with an '8'

example call from 1-250-123-4567 comes in on line 3.
callers number displayed is 712512344567.

this is so when a user clicks on 'Call' the correct line & outgoing number is automatically selected ????

3CX did introduce a new feature in version 9 the deals with caller ID, however, from what I've read, it may not be fully developed yet. It may only deal with the re-formating of all incoming numbers, not from specific trunk groups. There are some gateways that allow digits to be added to incoming numbers.

If your situation was such that users did not access more than one group then you could route the calls based on outbound rules specific to each extension group.

True, i had already thought of that but a few people do need to access more than one line

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jabren
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.