Incomming Transfer Caller ID

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by nthomthom, Nov 29, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nthomthom

If someone calls our number and dials an extension that has a special instruction to forward all calls to a cell phone or outbound line, the caller ID shows the number of the PBX (on the cell phone). Is there anyway to get the caller ID to be of the person who is calling rather than the phone number/ID of the pbx?

2. eagle2

eagle2 Well-Known Member

Depends on your outgoing call provider.
    3CX is able to transmit the 'originating caller-id' -- check outgoing settings for the provider.

Regards

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. alanbolitho

Not in Australia. As far as I can work out. Australian telco's have told me that caller id changes are not permitted. 3cx will forward the caller id but your telco will ignore and insert the pbx caller id in its place. If anyone has a solution for this, I would like to know as well.

Cheers
    Alan

4. eagle2

eagle2 Well-Known Member

There are some European providers that allow this, like Siptraffic. They want a fixed IP (of the PBX) to be declared to allow sending of originating caller-id (your case). I don't know whether they accept new registrations (somebody complained) and whether this will be cost justified (for Australia) -- check their rates, if you can register and quality is acceptable.
    Otherwise probably regulations in Australia will not allow you to do this.

Regards

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.