Inconvenience with 2 calls at the same time

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by codigit, Sep 30, 2007.

1. codigit

HEllo, i have this 1 pstn lines and 5 voip extension, is working great but there is some details that are making me crazy...

For example:

1- when someone calls to the pstn line start the digital recepcionist so can transfer the call to the 5 extension thats ok.. but what happend that when a extension receive the call and is talking and you try to call to the pstn line is ocupied i mean is not possible, i want to receive various call to the pstn line thats the idea, if they are receiving a call and transfer to a extension i would like to receive more calls to the pstn line... who can help me?

2- The voip gateway is not registered but i can make calls trought the voip gateway, i receive a message something like the STUN server...

3- Thats all the important is receive various call to the pstn line not just one, how can i fix it or configure it?? aaah and when im doing a call from a extension trought the pstn line i dont have sound thats all??

2. miraportuga

miraportuga Member

For what i know what your asking is not possible, if you want to receive more calls through your PSTN line you need more then 1 PSTN line, becouse like you said, if the line is occupied then simply you wont be able to call from there, even after the transfer is made, line is still occupied becouse the caller is talking with the calle in the extension he chose to speak with. So for your need i think you need a ISDN bridge(someone correct me if im wrong) that can take more then 1 convesation at a time, or you need to add more PSTN lines to your office and buy a gateway to handle them all.

Cheers

3. RobLloyd

RobLloyd Member

As mentioned above you need more lines to handle more calls. There is no magic available that will let you make more than 1 call/pstn line.

You can get a VOIP line that will let you have more than 1 call at a time. If you have the bandwidth you should look into that. Not many support multi-channel lines so you will have to shop around. I'm using NexVortex and they let you do that with their Small Business plan.