Inconvenience With Sound Quality in PSTN LINE

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by codigit, Aug 29, 2007.

1. codigit

Hello, Im so happy with this system i start to use it and im doing things incredible, ehehe i mean for me are incredible.....

So i have a little inconvenience with the PSTN line because there is noises in the line but just with the PSTN line.

Im from Dominican Republic

I Have this 1 SPA-3000 + 2 PAP2, i have a digital recepcionist that receive calls and transfer to any of the 4 extension that i have one for each line of the 2 pap2......

So when start the recepcionits we can hear noises like SSSSSh but here ok with noises, i dont know if is a configuration or what i will have to change for this?

because when i make out calls trought the VOIP its ok sound quality is perfect but when i try to make out calls trought the pstn line start like SSSSH like a little noises in the comunication i would like to fix it?

Could someone help and let me know if maybe is the SPA-3000 that have thats inconvenience or if there is something to fix with the configuration of the SPA-3000?? thanks for all

2. Nick Galea

Nick Galea Site Admin

If you want good sound quality via the PSTN id get a PATTON. A bit more effort to configure but better quality....

3. codigit

So the inconveienice is with the equipment

So the inconvenience with the quality of the PSTN is about the SPA-3000???

i need help because the system is working fine with voip the calls sound good but in PSTN very poor sound like SSSSSSH at the line the calls is great all is great but a little SHHHH is not very good sound quality..

WHat about a SPA-3102 is better quality in PSTN line ???

4. Mirzab

Mirzab Member

I use an SPA3102 myself (very pleased with it now) and believe it is very similar to the SPA3000. I did some tweaking with the gain settings in the SPA to optimize the sound volume and quality, and found that boosting gain too high does result in a similar noise. You might want to try the corresponding settings in the 3000. No promises :D