• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Incorrect Caller id being sent

Status
Not open for further replies.

jdbrau03

Reaction score
Working on getting LCR implemented and have the calls successfully going to the bridged 3cx that I want, but I am running into the issue of the caller id from the remote 3cx box instead of the caller id set on the local end. This is causing us issues with our customers not calling the correct location back after we contact them. I am missing something or is this just how it works. Thank you in advance for you replies

-Jeff

As I understand it...outgoing calls from a bridged 3CX are sent over the bridge to the 3CX PBX with the outgoing VoIP trunks. Is this correct? If that is the case, what number is being set to called parties and how does it differ from calls placed form the PBX that hosts the trunks. Is it DID numbers you want sent or just a single "main" number for all calls?

hi,

I am running into the same issue. The issue is related to caller ID presentation during outgoing calls via 3CX SIP. The test scenario is the following:

1. Asterisk PBX connected to 3CX PBX.
2. Extension 101 registered on 3CX PBX
3. Extension 101 makes outgoing call to number 0041335085054
4. As soon as the latter is answering the call, Asterisk PBX set the callerid(num) and callerid(name) equal to 0041335085054 and dials another call towards internal extension 99999. Presented callerid is 0041335085054. This scenario could be organized with different SIP service providers, with same result, which is normal
5. Asterisk set the callerid(num) and callerid(name) equal to 0041335085054 and PBX dials extension 402 on 3CX PBX. Presented callerid is 101/ Predictive System.

I want to understand what parameter(PAI, RPID, CallerID(num), CallerID(name)?) I need to change during the call to achieve calling address presentation change according to my needs. Or maybe some parameter need to be changed on 3CX PBX side, either maybe instead of extension 101 I need to have a trunk registered towards 3CX PBX in order to be able to setup different callerIDs during calls.

if needed i can provide the pcap trace for all three calls mentioned above.

thank you in advance for your time and consideration

With some help from 3CX (normaly they dont provide help integrating Asterisk to them.... so I'm lucky)... Here is what needs to be done on both 3CX and Asterisk side for trunking to work and Caller ID as well:

Hi, everything is working now, thank you. Just for my own notes (and yours if need be) in the ticket system, here is what needs to be setup on both side:

Client side PBX: (in our case, it's Asterisk 13 with Incredible PBX 13-12.2CENTOS6)

Trunk setup:
Trunk name : 3CX

Peer details:

host=[ip of 3cx]
username=[number for 3CX master bridge ID]
fromuser=[number for 3CX master bridge ID]
secret=[password for 3CX master bridge ID]
sendrpid=yes ; needed for CallerID to be sent to 3CX
type=peer
qualify=yes

Register String:

[bridgeID]:[bridge_password]@[3cx_ip]:5060/[bridgeID]
;example: 10000:[email protected]:5060/10000

On the 3CX: (3CX bridge must be set as MASTER)
Make sure to set the bridge option: "Caller ID to send in "From Display Name" field = "Caller Name" or else Caller Name/Number does not work correctly.

Hope this helps someone else, as this took me 4 days in my LAB to set this up and get it working properly.

You are correct that i am going over 3cx bridge, but remote end sends the call out a PRI line to the phone company. Basically I have caller id 111-111-1111 set on my extension, and when I make the call across the bridge and out it is assigning the default caller id from the remote end 222-222-2222 instead of the 111-111-1111

jdbrau03 said:
Basically I have caller id 111-111-1111 set on my extension, and when I make the call across the bridge and out it is assigning the default caller id from the remote end 222-222-2222 instead of the 111-111-1111

So, what you need to determine is what caller ID is being sent across the bridge. If you call an extension on the second PBX rather than an outside call, what number shows? If the correct number is showing, then it would appear that the second PBX isn't passing that number out on the trunks, or...your provider is ignoring it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deanhbs
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.