Incorrect Incoming Caller ID

Discussion in 'Android' started by lukasmy2k, Feb 18, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lukasmy2k

Hey (First post here)

I have 3CX V12 installed on a SBS2011 server, all working well including remotely from my Windows 8.1 Laptop with the Desktop Software.

But i have installed the Android app on a HTC Desire Sensation XE on ICS and a Nexus 7 running KitKat and whenever i receive a call it just displays my name and extension number (100) for the incoming call, but if i miss the call it shows the correct number in the call log. I will also state that the Win 8 Desktop softphone works and displays the number correctly.

Does anyone have any idea if this is something i need to configure differently or if this is infact an App issue? i need to resolve this asap as we are evealuating this (and loving it thus far) but this is something the Director would complain about every day!

Thank you in advance.

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

I'm not aware of any options on the 3Cx phone, that affect caller ID. I have not seen that happen on my incoming calls (not on the same model phone however). A few things can affect CID..the call being transferred or forwarded, or passing through a queue or ring group. If the call is direct from another extension to your phone, then it should not be displaying your extension number.
    I'm assuming that this happens on both internal and external calls?

3. lukasmy2k

I have done some further checks in the office and it only occurs on the android app when set to out of office mode. When using in office mode it displays correctly (which rules out the IVR and Hunt Group as a cause). I thought i had opened all the ports correctly as from an external windows laptop it shows fine so i am still a little baffled :S

4. lukasmy2k

Re: Incorrect Incoming Caller ID **SOLVED**

I have solved this issue, you have to enable the 3CX Tunnel otherwise it does not work. Been driving me crazy but glad its resovled.

I have seen online other have had the same issue with no resolution.

5. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

I tried out the Android version 12 for a short while before going back to version 11. I don't recall seeing an issue with CID. Use of the tunnel does not seem to make a difference to CID with version 11, nor should it. The tunnel is generally used to overcome any NAT issues, and as it affords no additional security (other than ports), i would think that many only reserve it's use for situation that require it. In other words, it's use should not be a requirement to receive correct caller ID.

If that is the case it might be a bug that requires further investigation by the 3CX developers.

I'm wondering if there isn't something else at play here as I'm quite surprised that they would release a version with this limitation, and no update to correct it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.