• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Incorrect IP Address for In Office

Status
Not open for further replies.

greg@summitrad

Reaction score
I have a strange one here. Our 3CX system has been on the same IP for 3 years. I had never had anything different for an IP. We've never had any other entry in our local DNS for the server.

We recently upgraded to V15. Several of our 3CX Client are reporting an incorrect IP for the In Office location. Some of these client function, and some do not. (The real Ip is 172.18.112.12.) A few clients show 172.18.112.2, most of them now show 172.18.111.155, and a small minority show 172.18.111.129.) None of that makes sense.
Most of the clients set to 111.155 are actually ONLINE and working. Even with the wrong Ip. (That IP is not currently in use, is not in DNS anywhere, and does not respond to anything.. no open ports, no icmp). None of the 111.129 clients work.

All clients were upgraded from 3CX for Windows V14 to V15 and sent new provisioning files. Some of the provisioning files actually show 111.129 in the <PBXLocalAdd> tag in the XML in the provisioning file.

The 111.155 address is not present in any of the provisioning files. Even the ones who have it listed as the internal address have 112.2 in the 3CX Client provisioning files from the welcome email.

It makes zero sense to me. If we manually change the ip in account settings to 112.2 on the non-functioning clients it starts working.

I've sent out a collection of emails today to see what server they have in the <PBXLocalAdd> tag. Two had the 111.129 and the remainder have 112.2. I even went through the entire parameters screen (under settings) looking for any trace of those other addresses. They don't exists there.

Anyone have a clue?

Greg Michael
S.R.P.C.

In most cases, an incorrect IP (especially one that is just slightly different) is the result of a slip of the finger, when it was first entered... somewhere. If it were me, I would take one of the recent 3CX back-up files, open it in an editor, and do a search for the incorrect IP, to see if it actually exists, as one of the settings. That will also show you where it exists, and (perhaps), allow you to go into the Custom parameters and correct it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Steffen Ekerdt
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.