• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Incorrect Status creating huge problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

gavpop

Reaction score
We are suffering issues with the 3CX client (15.0.62928.5) marking users as "away" when in fact they're not away.
I think the problem stems from when the client marks as "away", but then the PC suffers a problem, or the computer is turned off, the flag for "away" is never removed.
This then causes users deskphones (Fanvil X3S) to not ring, as the Extension is set to call voicemail when away.

This is causing massive problems for us.

What I would like is some way to make the away status in the 3CX client to simply be for display purposes, and not to affect any functions of the phone system.
I really need deskphones to ring, regardless of presence status.
Is this possible?

If not, I may have to remove the 3CX client from my network, because at the moment, it just seems too buggy.

Seriously ?? 3cx is buggy because when your computer's crash it acts the way you told it too ?? Seems to me the problem is 1) you're setting yourself to away for no particular reason and 2) your computer's are crashing.

For display purposes, why not use one of the other forwarding rules instead of "away" ?

We're using the Auto Presence feature, which is supposed to turn status back to Available when mouse/keyboard movement occurs. Occasionally something will happen that causes this to not function properly. I suffered this myself yesterday after a fresh reboot. 3CX client started OK but for some reason set my presence to away. No amount of mouse movement, keyboard stamping would alter this status. In the end, I had to manually set my status to available.

I don't want to go down the route of blaming this or blaming that. I'm simply at a stage where I would prefer the status to simply be for display purposes. I don't want it to affect call routing.
At this point in time, to get around this problem, I've remotely set all my clients to turn off the auto presence feature, which is a shame.

Ahhh ok auto-presence, that explains it a bit more. I don't use that feature so can't say if it's working as it should. Hopefully someone else here has some ideas for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NickWinker
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.