Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Increase lenght password field on sip trunk config?

Discussion in 'Ideas' started by mic.max, Dec 1, 2016.

Increase lenght password field on sip trunk config? 4.7 5 3votes
4.7/5, 3 votes

1. mic.max

Need to configure sip trunk with password lenght 64 char, beccasse my sip provider provider password with this lenght and can not be changed! Actually 3cx sip trunk password field have max lenght in 50 char, is possibile to increase it?

Thanks for reply

2. litte.ghost

Hi mic.max!
    Length... not lenght. So next time i'll find this GOOD idea faster ;)
    Let me guess... Telecom Italia? :D

3. Silly English Kniggit

64 chars?! Really!? Tell them they change it - or you use another SIP provider. I'm sure 3CX isn't the only system not to support that length.
    "Cannot be changed" - yes it can.. just the person you're talking to doesn't know how, or can't be bothered.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Sopock

Sopock Member

It seems that some providers count on that many PBX would not allow such long passwords. Maybe they want prevent possible abuse of SOHO service?:confused:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...