Increase the length of digital receptionist recordings?

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Scottie Holden, Jul 21, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Scottie Holden

I have a client that plays recorded messages involving their real estate listings to callers. We have this setup through digital receptionists and the recording is changed once a week or so. Often, the recording is stopped before they have finished their list, and it appears to be capped at 2mins. Where/how can I increase this timeout?

2. Scottie Holden

I had found that previously and I did increase that value, but it only seems to affect voicemail messages being left. When recording a greeting or message for an IVR, the recording still stops at 2 minutes.

3. ivank

3CX Support

Scottie, what version are you using?
    Have you restarted IVR service after changing MAXVOICEMAILDURATION?

4. Scottie Holden

I'm on 15.5. The service has been restarted after the change. The change did affect the length of a voicemail that callers are allowed to leave, but it did not affect the max length of recorded messages that callers hear in the IVR. I have not followed the config change pasted below yet as it did not seem to match what I see in 15.5. Please advise.

How To Fix It
    The solution is simple. We just need to modify a configuration file to increase this limit to a point where it no longer interferes. To do this:

1. Open the following configuration file with a text editor:

%ProgramData%\3CX\Data\Http\Interface\ivr\web.config

2. Add the maxRequestLength parameter assigning the desired value. For example, to set it to 16Mb and allow recordings of up to approximately 20 minutes:

<configuration>

<system.web>

<httpRuntime maxRequestLength=”16384″/>

</system.web>

</configuration>

5. ivank

3CX Support

Please, set logging level to Verbose. Make a test call for each scenario which isn't affected by the new setting.
    Locate c:\ProgramData\3CX\Instance1\Data\Logs\3CXIVR.log, zip it and send to me as a personal message.
    If it's too big, you might want to stop IVR service first, delete the file, start IVR again and repeat the test calls.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.