Indentifying DID or Ring Group

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by mickmcg68, Nov 29, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mickmcg68

I have asked this before but I thought I would explain my requirements a little clearer this time so that I might get some help.

My friend has a building with more than 20 small offices which he wants to let out to small business start-ups in the local area. He wants to offer them all a receptionist/telephonist who will work for all of the businesses to help keep their startup costs to a minimum. We have setup the individual DID's for each business using VOIPon and we have set up a Ring Group for each inbound number. Also we have the setting "Append group and DID names to Caller ID" set to ON, and with this we can get the Call Assistant popup to display the Group Name which then tells the receptionist which business the phone call is for.

So the Popup says something like "Business Name: 01234567890" with the second bit being the callers number. Using the %callid% parameter I can pass the callers number to a URL which is pretty useful, but not what we need. What we need is to be able to pass the DID or Group Name as the parameter going to the URL using the "Notify External Program" option in Call Assistant.

Why?? Because we could then give each business a facility where they could pass information to the receptionist via a web based database which she would see each time a call came in for the business. The page would also show details for each company regarding their products and services, and up to date stock lists etc which would then allow her to take orders etc.

So, my question is simply - how can I pass either the DID or Group Name as a variable to an external program exactly the way the %callid% parameter passes the Callers number?

When I set up the Ring Groups, if I set the Ring Strategy to "Paging" the %callid% parameter passes the Ring Group extension number which is perfect, however, paging is no use so if I could get the same result using Prioritized Hunt or Ring All, this would solve my problem.

PLEASE!!! Any help would be very much appreciated. Even if someone were to say - This cannot be done, we could move on and think of a plan B.

Thanks,
    Mick

2. mickmcg68

Is this a stupid question or just too dull a subject to merit a reply of some kind?

3. KerryG

KerryG Active Member

I think the lack of response if because very few people are passing parameters to external programs so there is a lack of experience with what you are trying to accomplish.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.