Independent E911 CID

Discussion in 'Ideas' started by Brad Allison, Oct 29, 2017.

Independent E911 CID 4 5 2votes
4/5, 2 votes

1. Brad Allison

Currently there is only a single Outbound Caller ID, a secondary Outbound Caller ID that would just be for 911 purposes would be helpful.

When left blank the main line CID would be used.

The purpose of this would be E911, whether it be room based, tenant based, branch based the Outbound CID and the E911 CID should be able to be separated out.

2. the60

the60 New Member

set up a special 911 trunk.
    specify (hard code) the outbound DID in it.
    set up an outbound rule, 3-digit length, starts with 9 (for test calls to 933)
    move the rule to the top of the outbound rule list.
    If multi-location client, set up extension groups as well.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Silly English Kniggit

As @the60 says - use a separate trunk, or a trunk per location. I'm currently doing this for 15 offices in 5 countries for a client - the provider required us to use a trunk per location before they would enable emergency calling. This has the added benefit that calls for each office (trunk) are accounted for separately. Does mean we have a lot of outbound rules though!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Brad Allison

The per location trunk works to identify smaller deployments for where the 911 originated from by location..

When dealing with a company that need to be able to identify down to the T ( Location A, Floor 3 ) or (Location B, Office 709)
    Obviously that will add up a lot of trunks just for E911 purposes really quick.

If the SIP Trunk providor requires a separate trunk per E911 location then i'd purpose 3CX automate the creation of the SIP Trunk.

Put a E911 CID under each extension, then a drop down of programmed SIP Trunks to choose from, once these fields are filled out it will create the SIP trunk based off the selected SIP Trunk. maybe create a whole new section just for E911 SIP Trunks?

5. simply7

#5 simply7, Jan 31, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 31, 2018
  6. voiptoys

voiptoys Active Member

If you want to have 911 notifications down to the building, floor, pillar, and cubicle, take a look at our 3CX Emergency (911) notifier. You can upload location information to your telecom provider to give precise location information. Further we can send notifications via phone (text-to-speech), email, SMS, and desktop alerts. We also offer panic buttons and continuous alarms as BLFs on your VoIP phone. https://www.VoIPTools.com

7. simply7

But why would I want to put a monthly add on for only one item out of your suite? The 911 items should be built in to the system just like every other PBX out there. This should not only be achievable by leveraging 3rd party tools.

Brad Allison likes this.
  8. Brad Allison

I'm curious on how one "uploads" the information to their telecom provider, and then the telecom provider know where the location of the call is coming from to route to the proper PSAP without transmitted E911 CID per extension?

I see the VoIPTools 3CX Emergency (911) notifier being a great asset for internal emergency handling, but I do not understand how it would help once the call is external.

#8 Brad Allison, Feb 1, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 1, 2018
  9. Brad Allison

Agreed this should be built in like other PBX.

10. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member