Indian caller ID with Linksys SDA 3102

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by subh, Dec 15, 2007.

1. subh

Can't believe this....

Can't believe this that there's nobody in this forum who can really help to get indian caller id through Linksys SPA3102.

India is the hub for major Call Center outsourcing for (so-called) 'major' developed country.

Will any techie really wake up???

TIN.

2. Ralph

Ralph Member

Good morning

Is it possible to place a server or some other device that can translate the caller ID format from the format used in India to one that 3CX can handle?

I'm assuming that the format used in India is different from what 3CX can handle. Is this the problem?

3. bhavank

bhavank New Member

I haven't tried with Linksys SPA3102 but we have our own FXO hardware which gives us indian caller id working fine.

4. subh

Hi Ralph, thanks for replying.

Well, when I debug (via slogsrv) SPA, I get the following :

FXO-Digit: 1
    FXO-Digit: 2
    FXO-Digit: 3
    FXO-Digit: 4
    FXO-Digit: 5
    FXO-Digit: 6
    FXO-Digit: 7
    FXO-Digit: 8
    FXO-Digit: 9

(Well, I have replaced the digits with original number. In this case, I also find that though the calling phone number is of 8 digits, it's taking nine digits. The first digit is part of the long distance code, ie, if the long distance code is 91131 or 0131 23456789, it's taking, 123456789)

I have checked the phone line by attaching an ordinary caller id detection devide it's detecting perfectly. Now the log also shows that it's also detecting the caller id (even in somewhat wrong format), but it's not reflecting either in SPA info page (it's only a ",") or in 3CX.

Any help would be highly appreciated.

TIN

5. subh

Hi Bhavank,

May I know what hardware your 3cx is working with and the telephone provider you are using? Are you using PRN or FXO?

Thanks...

6. bhavank

bhavank New Member

the hardware which we said working is FXO device...

7. subh

Hi Bhavank,

Is that SPA-3102? Or any other device? If any other, may I please know the brand and model name? If you're using with SPA-3102, may I please have complete model name and which firmware you are using?

For which phone line are you using? MTNL, BSNL, Airtel or anything other?

TIN

8. bhavank

bhavank New Member

We are not using 3102.

We have our own brand device and we have tested it to work fine with BSNL yet and caller id is also working fine with the same.

9. bhavank

bhavank New Member

what type of caller id have you set up in SPA 3102

10. Pentangle

Pentangle Member

Re: Can't believe this....

I think you answered your own question there. :twisted:

11. subh

That's a statement which, you know well, how true is that. Let's not get into arguments. Call centers do not work with SPA3102.

I'm talking about techies, who has worked on SPA3102 and am sure that there's a solution. If the SPA can detect caller-id in debug mode and it's not getting transferred to the info, there are simply some config issues.

Thanks.

12. subh

Ok...back again without any success though. I have contacted Linksys ppl they are yet to revert with a solution.

I have found that in Voxilla forum there's a wizard for Indian setting of SPA3102. I have registered myself there, but the forum doesn't sent me any verification mail (checked the bulk folders too), so, I can't see that.

If anyone here is also registered with Voxilla Forum, can you please run the Wizard with ip 192.168.0.1 and paste the settings here?

Thanks in advance...

13. etelecom

Hi

SPA 3102 detects Bellcore type 1 Caller id on PSTN port, hence there is no indian caller ID detection, you can attach CLI converter between PSTN line and SPA 3102,

i think this will solve your problem

Utpal

14. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

So.... from what I've found on the net about Indian CID is that it uses DTMF, similar, I assume to some European counties. What setting do you have the 3102 caller ID set for? Does the 3102 show the caller ID of the last caller on it's "status" page? Is this just an issue of the 3102 not passing the number to the 3CX or is it a problem with the format of the number?
    Is the 3102 set to wait for a couple of rings before answering to allow caller ID to be sent?

15. etelecom

Re: Good morning

Yes , Indian Telephone Exchange (a specially Govt own) send CID in DTMF formate, hence it is not detected by 3102, A device called "CID converter" converts DTMF signals into FSK type and then 3102 detects CID and passed it to 3CX.

this will not happen if you use FCT (Fixed cellular terminal ) connected to 3102, as FCT sends FSK signal as CID.

it is not the problem of handling CID signals by 3CX, once the FXO devices detects and convert in to IP then the roll of 3X starts (correct me if i m wrong)