Industrial / Rugged SIP Phone

Discussion in 'Windows' started by eberly, Aug 28, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. eberly

Hey everyone,
    We are working in an Industrial facility, and users are concerned about wear and tear on any normal phone (Yealink or Cisco SPA's). Any thoughts on some (affordable) SIP telephones? We are aware that configuration and management could be clumsy, but we only need a handful, and are willing to deal with it.

We've looked at the Cisco 7925G-EX (rugged Wifi phone), as well as various ATEX models from Ferntel, Gai-Tronics, and others. We DO NOT need Explosion-proof or anything fancy, just "rugged". Something that could handle being bumped off of a table or dropped on a concrete floor a few times.

Thoughts?

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Not aware of any desk phones that are "ruggedized" as most don't move too far from one location, with that "tether". What you might consider is the use of an ATA along with one of the waterproof/outdoor type DECT handsets. I've seen some that look like they would take quite a beating. Obviously, the selection (choice) will vary, depending on your location in the world. Sears, in the US sells a Craftsman brand model that looks like you could use it to drive nails.

3. jpillow

jpillow Well-Known Member

When I ever have a client that request a tuff phone that can be carried around I usually go with the panasonic DECT phones they arent indestructable though they are pretty durable.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.