• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

[INFO] - BLF lights

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fabio Bologna

Free User
Reaction score
Good morning users,
I was wondering something... is it possible to program a BLF light to show if the main line (the trunk to be more specific) is busy? Like someone is already calling exterally in or out...

Thanks for the help so far... I really appreciate the speed of this community :)

Hi Fabio, with normal SIP trunks, it's never really busy. One SIP trunk can handle thousands of calls, limited by your provider and your 3CX license - but not by the nature of a SIP trunk. So, it doesn't really make sense to have a busy status for a trunk.

Hi Fabio, with normal SIP trunks, it's never really busy. One SIP trunk can handle thousands of calls, limited by your provider and your 3CX license - but not by the nature of a SIP trunk. So, it doesn't really make sense to have a busy status for a trunk.

Tell that to the boss who want to see it still... :)

Reactions: DSXDATA
The reason is that we are moving from the old Asterisk system to 3cx and with that system we have one of the BLF lights that lights up red when the ISDN line is occupied. Is it still possible? do I have to force it via modification of the phone template maybe?

Hi Fabio,

And are you keeping this ISDN circuit when you move over to 3CX ? if so what are you using for teminating the ISDN lines ? if Asterisk I presume a Sangoma or something but let us know if this is different.

I don't know if I can explain it correctly XD

I have a fibre 100mbps connection that also brings in a bundeled ISDN line... I have a trick router provided by the ISP that splits the two and outputs on one side the Internet fibre and on the other the ISDN signal.

The ISDN signal goes to a Patton SmartNode 4552 ISDN BRI Gateway from where the calls get in the office.

I have an ISDN line dedicated to FAX duties and is working via a Linksys SPA3102 gateway...

I also have a VoIP service via internet and it's also working.

In total then I have three lines were I can receive calls/fax and at least the first ISDN line from the Patton had this monitor functionality on the old phones where if a call was coming in or going out through that line the light would become red and after all was fone the light would go back to greeen again.

Don't know if this explanation helps :)

It is my belief that in 3CX, the status of a trunk being displayed as a BLF is not possible. It is envisioned that the PBX will manage outbound calls based upon the outbound rules put into place and that the need to know about a trunk status for the purpose of making calls does not add any value.

While this likely does not satisfy the desire of the boss or others who want to know, it does beg the question that with the Web Client and softphone "switchboard" functionalities present in 3CX what does the presence of trunk usage really bring to the table? I understand that some folks simply hold on to what they know, but things do indeed change.

Hi Fabio,

Although it does not exactly a direct solution in regards to your question, if you are concerned about the trunk registration changing what is the issue with simply having a notification email sent when "The status of trunk changes" ? This can be found in the PBX under Settings >> Email >> Notifications.

Ok so I'll try and explain myself better... I wasn't even emplyed here when it happened but previously on a Asterisk pbx we had an egyptian company hacked inside our pbx and started making calls from our number and we ended up with an absurd bill to our ISP since then my boss requested we had way to monitor status of the line because when he added this functionality during the hacking he could see that the line was occupied for like 1 hour straight more then ten times a day and from there he discovered the mischief...
This is the reason why I'm asking :)

Either I can implement some security in 3CX to completely blind it to unauthorized entrances... what do you suggest?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.