• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Info on 3CX

Status
Not open for further replies.

BSharpe

Reaction score
So I have not purchased anything YET... But it's been a toss-up and I wanted some clarification first.

WIth the 3CX solution do you still need to buy SIP lines through a 3rd party provider?
IF Self Hosted?
IF Cloud Hosted from 3CX?
IF I buy an Annual License?
or does 3CX provide the SIP's based on the concurrent lines as per the licensing?

EG: I buy 3CX, BUy the 16 line package, annual. At this point, all I pay for is the annual fee and I have a working phone system?
EG2: I buy 3CX 16 line package, I then need to buy up to 16 SIP's to connect in/to the 3CX server software?

Does 3CX provide SIPs?

We are torn between 3CX and Sangoma, why should we choose one over the other? I haven't found much reasoning for one over the other yet short of 3CX support.

lets say we have 60 phones, but only really ever use around 6-7 lines max at a time, can we still buy the enterprise 8 line or if it required based on the number of phones. Mainly we have phones in areas where people go to and from, but they can not be in the same place.

3CX is a PBX. As with any PBX you do need some sort of PSTN connectivity if you want to make or received calls to/from the PSTN. Whether this is SIP or not is up to you. There are no currently supported methods for bringing POTS/PRI into a cloud instance although it can be done so typically cloud instances would use SIP. As a partner we generally recommend SIP in all cases since it reduces hardware costs and points of failure.

You will need to buy dial tone in addition to the PBX license. 3CX does not provide SIP trunking.

If you buy a 16SC 3CX license and then only get 8 SIP call paths then you will be limited to 8 call paths by your SIP trunking provider

3CX does not provide SIP trunking

Sangoma has several products but none of them come with SIP trunking. They do have their SIPStation SIPTrunks but they are just reselling trunks from Bandwidth.com .

Both products are good products, I'm partial to 3CX myself but there are situations where I would recommend FreePBX instead.

3CX is licensed based on concurrent calls so in that scenario an 8SC license would be fine.

Hello @BSharpe

WIth the 3CX solution do you still need to buy SIP lines through a 3rd party provider?
IF Self Hosted?
IF Cloud Hosted from 3CX?
IF I buy an Annual License?
or does 3CX provide the SIP's based on the concurrent lines as per the licensing?

3CX is a phone system so no matter what the licence type is and where you choose to install it you will need a SIP provider.

EG: I buy 3CX, BUy the 16 line package, annual. At this point, all I pay for is the annual fee and I have a working phone system?

If you buy an annual licence then all you need is to pay the annual fee depending on the licence type you choose and you have a working phone system complete with an FQDN and SSL certificates managed and renewed by 3CX.

EG2: I buy 3CX 16 line package, I then need to buy up to 16 SIP's to connect in/to the 3CX server software?

3CX is licensed based on Simultaneous calls you can have at any given time in the system. That does not mean however that you need 16 channels from your provider to use all simultaneous calls as internal calls also count as a concurrent call. Webmeeting participants (also included in the licence) do not count as simultaneous calls as Webmeeting has a different type of participants depending on the licence you choose.

3CX does not provide SIP trunks but we do have supported providers that have been tested by us and a template is included in the PBX so you can set them up in a few clicks.
https://www.3cx.com/partners/sip-trunks/

You can see the differences between versions in the following guide:
https://www.3cx.com/ordering/pricing/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.