Information needed for 3CX V10SP6 MyPhone and 'Remote Deskto

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by ThomasAJ, Jun 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ThomasAJ

The Google searches that I have done for 'Remote Desktop Services' or 'Terminal Services' (TS is now called RDS under WS2008R2) return information on 3CX Assistant which is part of 3CX V9 I think.

I need to know if MyPhone can run on an RDS desktop.
    If so does it communicate with say the 3CXPhone running on the user's PC desktop.

etc etc

OR

What is the best setup when users are spending 100% of the time on their remote desktop. I will be using the 3CXPhone as we already have appropriate hardware for it but I would love to *not* have both 3CXPhone and 3CX MyPhone sitting 'under' their remote desktop.

Thanks

2. ThomasAJ

Re: Information needed for 3CX V10SP6 MyPhone and 'Remote De

I just ran MyPhone on my server that has RDS and it worked like a charm. (I was scared to experiment on this server hence the original post.)

Kudos to you guys that write this software. I have many years experience in software development - in the past - but now run a non IT business that uses a *lot* of software and am blown away by your product. Yes I have purchased it. I am still in the setup phase with 3CX but everything has worked brilliantly. Well done.

The setup for those who are interested...

Main app server is a Windows 2008R2 running Remote Desktop Services and sits in a Data Centre.
    Users use the remote desktop 100% of the time.
    3CX Phone System is installed on Windows 2008 server located in head office.
    3CXPhone (softphone) installed on users' PC desktop.
    3CX MyPhone is on a user's Remote Desktop Session.

The very important fact (hard to determine from any information located on 3CX.COM <- apologies if wrong) is that the....

"3CX MyPhone on a user's Remote Desktop Session" is 'aware of' and 'communicates to' the "3CXPhone (softphone) installed on users' PC desktop".

The 3CXPhone does not display itself on top of the RD when in use which is a great thing as desktop real estate is precious. It just does it's job controlling the headset pluged into the PC for example.

If I am wrong somewhere here then forgive me as I am learning this software.

Cheers

Tom

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.