Inital Issues

Discussion in 'iOS' started by TotallyVoIP, Sep 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TotallyVoIP

iPhone 3GS 32gb, OS4.1 not jailbroken, 3CX V1.0.11

Usage, setup was simple, registered offsite via 3CX tunnel or my VPN (not sure which it used), but all was OK

Turned off Wifi on the iPhone and would not register. tried making a call, incase it needed a "push"! but then it would not respond to the hangup symbol ? It did hang up after probably timing out ?

With the WiFi back on, tried calling a nmber from the contacts, selected the number (held in the format +44 20 8xxx xxxx and it just minimised the app, back to home screen, 3CX was still in background so selected it, no trace of call. No reason why or error reported, no entry in the call history.
    Tried a number formatted in the straight 07777 xxx xxx and it worked fine (we have a rule to route both prefixed and non prefixed numbers). As I and many others travel, I tend to use the +44 xxx format, then I can dial without fuss when away, can this be rectified.I have set up a rule with +44 and strip 3 digits and append a 0, but this does not help, same response.

Left it on 3CX while I did other things quickly and the screen started to flash to blank (black) screen and back to 3CX - did this 4-10 times.

Half the time when you minimise the 3CX app it leaves a red bar at the top of the screen other times it does not, no real system I can see as to when/why. In call history it has done both things, when on home screen done both etc.

When doing a tranfser it seems to only do a non attended transfer, but the caller being transered does not get hold music (they do if you use the hold function) and you don't get a ringing on the iPhone 3CX for the extension, but when answered it transfers teh call unattended.

REQUESTS:
    -Multi accounts (ext identities) running at the same time, option to enable/disable each at any time (1 by 1).
    -Attended Transfer ability.
    -Be able to set the extension status (for all profiles - 1 by 1) to any of the 3CX status - inc Custom ones
    -Show extension status (all the 3CX status, not just away - ie inc custom ones)
    -Multi call capability - currently the 2nd call goes straight to Voicemail (or whatever rule you have for busy, despite the "more than 1 call" box ticked) and I have desk phones on the same ext, so they don't even ring - the iphone forces all subsequent calls to the busy rule.

Otherwise pretty cool, can't wait to use it for real in the office tomorrow (non-production enviroment but still able to give it more of a work out)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. TotallyVoIP

Finally got time to play with the iPhone at work (5.20pm) and found as is often the case the phone had lost power and would not turn on, it was >20% when I last used it at about 4.30pm, but that's typical iPhone - cr*p battery. Plugged it in and waited for it to reboot.

When it's on, I started 3cx app, after 8-10sec of blank screen (just time /battery bar at top) the app opens, but refuses to register (settings not changed since yesterday, when it was working via a tunnel (or pos VPN). Wifi is OK, but will not register, check settings, they all look fine (not much you can change anyway). So Reboot the phone, just in case.

Powers on OK, Wifi Ok, start 3CX ... same 8+sec pause, then it returns to the iPhone home screen. Check for background and it is running (not showing red in title bar). Select it, back to blank screen for 8-14secs, and disappears, try again same thing.
    Manually shut down ALL background apps (about 6 running - camera, voice memo, mail, texts etc) and try to start 3CX ... 8-14se pause and then it vanishes, try to switch to it, same thing.

So sadly I can't play as I can't get it to open!
    It did open and show unregistered on the first attempt, but after that I got nowhere ...

I have SipPhone and Bria, and both of these now were failing to register as well (not used them today, but they had been working earlier in the week.

So, restarted the 3CX server's "all services" and deleted the Wifi connection on the iPhone and re-make it.
    Started Iphone 3cx app, no delay, quick as you like, registered. bria and Sipphone also working fine. Can't say which did the trick as I did both things together, but clearly if it was WiFi issues then the 3CX should not behave like that and should give an error - the other 2 apps both gave error 503 failed to register.

I'll try again tomorrow!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. TotallyVoIP

A further issue
    The application has an "exit" option, sadly this does not "unload" the app (from memory or backgroud), the red bar dis-appears but the tak manager shows the app is still loaded. The thought of being able to quickly quit is great (running these SIP app's drains the battery very fast) so if you want to exit, this would be a very easy method, please can you make it unload the app completely, so you do not need to go to task manager and do it from there as well?

I have been having major issues with battery life since installing the app (alway had issues but since this phone - my 4th replacement - it has been pretty good, lasting upto 36 hours) since the install and upgrade to OS4.1 from 4.01 (both done at the same time 4.01-4.1 1st then the 3cx install) the battery can be as little as 3-4 hours to being totally flat without anything more than a single 2min phone call on 3G.

I will restore the phone to a previous backup and test the 4.01 then 4.1 os without 3cx and then try installing 3cx on the 4.1 to compare and try to isolate the issue. 3-4hours is not liveable!

4. StefanW

StefanW Head of Customer Support and Training
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Silverfall thx for our extended testing.
    one question is ur adressbook one of the exchange?
    Here we have to make a fix for 1. matching inbound calls to it and second to dial out of it.
    It looks the same but it is not.

reg. via 3G fails for you. Can you tell me ur Provider. Do they support SIP Calls or is it blocked by the provider?
    Does it work when you would set up an VPN connection from the iPhone to the Network and then just enter the internal IP of the PBX?

Unloading the app after exit i will check directly. the red top bar mean only that an SIP APP is running in the background.

starting the app and back to the main screen is happening when we dont find a valid way to the pbx.
    this can happen while no IP is assinged to the phone at this stage, goes 2gether with point 2. but we keep tracing

5. TotallyVoIP

Yes the address book is sync'd to MS exchange.
    3G is Vodafone UK.
    Do they support SIP Calls or is it blocked by the provider? Don't know, I assumed they did, I did ask about 6 months ago and they seemed to think that there were no bar/block/restrictions.

Does it work when you would set up an VPN connection from the iPhone to the Network and then just enter the internal IP of the PBX? Not tried that. Do you recommend any VPN client for this?

I have used it from home, which has VPN and 3CX tunnel. it did work but not sure if it used the tunnel or the VPN to connect. Is there a indicator you can show if it is using the tunnel?

Not yet had time to resolve the battery issue, but today I'm got 88% left after 2hours of standby, so doing better than the last 4-5 days. Last night did not make it 8 hours from full charge.

Sadly as good as the iPhone is for some things it's a total pain for some basics, like battery life :(

I'll report back after some more testing.

6. StefanW

Staff Member 3CX Support

Okey, MS Exchange is at the moment not supportet, but we work on something, at least that the app dont crash! We have to see, it is a bit different then the local one to read.

Vodaphone in DE is def. blocked. So i assume UK 2. But VPN is always my solution. I dial out of hotels and wifis via VPn to my pbx and then just run the phone on the internal IP. Works fine. Basically a "tunnel" work around for the moment.

Thx for helping us! Very much appreciated!

7. xav78

Hello,

New on all of this, I was able to set a nice 3CX system fully operationnal with Basic knowledge.
    I'm now wondering where you found the 3CX for Iphone , would you mind to share where to find it? :mrgreen:

8. StefanW

Staff Member 3CX Support

at the moment it is just for for 50 people to test it to see if we made some major mistakes.
    At the end of the month you will find in the app store

9. xav78

Thanks for your prompt reply, no problem, I have now already tested with an other software, ISIP and this is great !

Congratulation for your good work

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.