Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Initial annoucement to caller ends up in busy queue

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by ZS Support, Jan 3, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ZS Support

Hi,

We've set the max. number of callers in queue > 1 and enabled the "Announce queue position to caller" (every 60 seconds).

Is it possible that when a caller first arrives in the queue and all agents are busy, they get a prompt that tells them all agents are occupied. What now happens is that they hear nothing until after the first 60 seconds elapses and the announcement is made. I would expect the first announcement to be made immediately. How can I achieve that or alternatively add a prompt to be placed once the caller enters the "waiting list"?

ps: We're running 3CX v15.5.5.5 (Pro license)

2. mariosM_3CX

mariosM_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hello @ZS Support

This is the normal behavior and the first announcement will be done after the time interval. You can however, as you said, to play an intro prompt when caller is in the Queue, letting them know of the waiting queue. This can be enabled in the Queue Settings by selecting the option "Play Intro Prompt". Enable this option and upload or record the message that you want the callers to hear.

3. ZS Support

Hi @mariosM_3CX,

Thanks for your response. It's a pity that this isn't possible. The workaround you suggested means that everyone will hear the message even if they don't have to wait. That's better than nothing but not ideal. I've noted this as an idea in the ideas forum.

This thread may be closed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.