• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

initial call/answer audio delay

Status
Not open for further replies.

rmayer

Reaction score
I am receiving complaints from our users that when they make calls there is about a 1-2 second delay before they start to hear any audio coming from the other end, people will start talking on the other end before they can hear them. Also, there is the delay when a user answers a call that was forwarded to an outside line. The phone rings on their end, they answer, but the caller on the other end can't hear them for a couple seconds.

Here is our setup:

Dell R200 Xeon 3065 @ 2.33GHz, 4GB, Win 2003 32bit
Dell Powerconnect 3448p switches for phones, all switches connect to a Powerconnect 5324
running 3CX Ver 9 Beta 2 (upgraded about 3 days ago, still same delay issue)
Patton 4960 connected to Verizon T1 NI2 protocal
Nexvortex SIP trunk (slightly less delay than the patton, but still a delay)
30 x Cisco SPA504g phones
80 x Polycom 321 phones
20 x 3CXPhone users

The 3cx server is dual-homed with a separate phone network on 192.168.50.x and our main network on 192.168.0.x

I've attached a test call that I made to a number that has a quick message that cannot be heard because of the audio delay (sometimes I can hear the end of the message). When I call this same number from any other place you can hear the entire message without any issues.

Any ideas what could be causing this?

Thanks

Attachments

• 3cxLog_104424134437.txt
    973 bytes · Views: 77
Any way we can get the log posted in verbose mode? You will have to restart 3cx services, but it might help. Also, post a wireshark capture if you can.

Verbose logs attached

Attachments

• 3cxLog_103324223326.txt
    2.3 KB · Views: 86
Delivery of audio wasn't delayed by PBX. Both participants are talking directly.
Wireshark capture of problematic call may provide additional information.

Thanks

@rmayer - did you ever get to the bottom of the initial call answer audio delay?

I am experiencing the same issue. I've tested with 2 different types of handsets (Grandstream GXP2100 and Linksys SPA-941) and get the same experience - a 1 to 2 second delay in the call being connected after answering.

I have also tested registering my devices direct with the SIP provider, removing 3CX from the callflow, and the calls are answered immediately - I wanted to eliminate any issues with my provider.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FJL
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.