Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Initial impressions

Discussion in 'iOS' started by nevets429, Sep 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nevets429

First impressions are good with the app. A couple suggestions:

1. Support for the tunnel is necessary for remote users. Most of us choose not to open our SIP ports to the outside world so while away from the office the app can't connect.

2. Status shows "Available" on screen always. I'd thought maybe if we set the extension status to away or out of office this would change but it always says "Available" and that is it. Doesn't seem to be a way to change it from inside the app either.

3. Contacts, it shows the full list of contacts - can it have an option to switch to favorites for instance? Have several hundred people in my phone book but when I'm using this app would only be calling those in my favorites most likely.

4. Dialing a number from the phone book either crashes the app or it dials and immediately hangs up. I thought this was because there was no "9" in the phone book entries but even when I put a four digit extension in the problems persisted. If I dial them by hand on the keypad it's fine.

5. Additionally, I just noticed that even though a bluetooth headset is registered with the phone and works with other SIP phones, the app won't let me send the call to headset.

Phone is a 3g with 4.1 on it, non-jailbroken and the app shows v1.0.11 on it. Only have been able to test via Wifi because of no tunnel support right now.

2. StefanW

StefanW Head of Customer Support and Training
    Staff Member 3CX Support

thx for the test,

planed for the future

planed for the future

i will add to a feat list, and see

do you have an exchange adressbook or mobile me? or only a local normal iPhone one?

pland for future

Thx for ur time and featback

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. nevets429

The answer to 4 is a local phone book only, Synch'd to Google contacts, but as far as 3cx is concerned - it's local only.

4. StefanW

StefanW Head of Customer Support and Training
    Staff Member 3CX Support

unfo. it is not, only when the phone book is not attached to any other service (the DB Name Change) we can not read it for the moment...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.