initial setup or voip gateway recommendations

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Kevin Crouch, Feb 27, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kevin Crouch

Hey guys. I'm looking at getting us a 3CX system for our replacement phone system. To start doing the cutover from one and testing it, is there a recommendation for like.... doing a VOIP gateway so that I can plug our existing lines into either our old NEC system OR into the 3CX system?

Or would you just recommend to put it onto 3CX in one big cutover? Any feedback?

This is our live business phone numbers. I'm just worried about what will happen if I move over to new one all-at-once

2. Saqqara

Saqqara Well-Known Member

Need more info, what type of trunks do you have i.e. pstn, isdn, etc

Look at the supported gateways - https://www.3cx.com/voip-gateways/

Probably best solution is to use SIP trunks and get your numbers transferred -https://www.3cx.com/partners/sip-trunks/

How many extensions are you talking about - best to do a swap in one go , unless you can link the two pabx together using sip trunks (if the nec system supports it)

3. Kevin Crouch

To be honest on this, I'm not 100% sure. I know that on my old System (NEC IP1NA-8KSU-a1) I have a PRIU card, but I also have a COIU card.

No one at $company know how to do anything with this phone system.
    [​IMG]
    And this under Trunk Configuration.
    [​IMG]

4. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Consider building 3CX with VoIP trunking. Let the VoIP provider know that you plan on porting over your existing number(s) once you have the new PBX up and running. They can probably assign a temporary number that can then be used for testing until you are ready to cut. This saves having to buy a gateway that won't be used for long. One you have provisioned 3CX and are happy that everything seem to be working the way you want, arrange the VoIP company to do the disconnect order on the old service and have the numbers ported to them. Depending on your office hours, you may want to have this done, late on a Friday giving you the weekend to be sure all is working.

#4 leejor, Feb 27, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 28, 2018
    Nick Galea likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.