Initiate a call from 3cx and connect to a landline

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by mtogat, Nov 15, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mtogat

Hi all, In my former unified communications platform, I could register 3 or 4 differents phones numbers like my home phone numbers, office number and mobile number, and create the rules for forwarding the calls.
    This was very helpfull to initiate the calls from the web interface and have it connected to one of the phone numbers I had registered.
    Then the platform would call me in the phone I had for that time being, and only after I answer, the call would complete to the other party. I have not been able to find the same function here. Could anyone clarify for me how that would be possible? Or the 3cx does not support this?

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

There are a few options, but, not as extensive as I think you want it to work. You want a "find me" service that keeps trying multiple numbers until there is an answer (by a person). You can have 3CX ring a number (Ring my Mobile at the same time) as ringing an extension. You can forward to a single number based on caller ID or time of day (Office hours). You can ring numbers in sequence (or all at once in a group) by using a Ring Group options, but then you'd have to forward those calls off to outside numbers from each extension. You could also use the call rebound feature.

One big fly in the ointment, (in most cases) is that a call directed to a number that is then answered by voicemail (mobile provider), will end the call.

3. mtogat

Hi Thanks for the answer, but what I really would like is to initiate a call in the app interface, and answer in the telephone in my room. O even to it to the platform to connect to the party I am calling (play a prompty - like, please wait for mtogat who is calling you) and then connect to my cellphone or the phone (landline for instance) that I setup to receive the call I just ordered.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.