Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Initiate conference call with one touch? Extension or HTTP?

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Klaus, Jun 9, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Klaus

I am working on a project where we are using android tablets as intercom devices. What I'm after is the simple capability to be able to initialize a conference call with say 3 clients from a single "button" if you will. I can integrate an extension into a dialer widget if that will work or it looks like there may be some trick I can execute with the HTTP API which can also be launched from a homescreen widget.

My understanding currently is you can of course do a single point to point "intercom" with activating the feature with a *9 call tag which allows immediate 2 way communication or you can setup a paging extension that sends a voice broadcast to multiple clients however that only allows 1 way communication. A conference call merges both if auto-answer is configured on the client side (it is) and would allow 2 way communication with multiple tablets truly providing a group intercom feature. I'm curious if anyone has some ideas here on how to accomplish this?

*edit* I've been playing with the http get commands 3CX is supposed to be able to use but I seem to have trouble getting this to work, is this a feature that has been removed? I may be able to accomplish what I'm after by initializing a simultaneous call in to the 700 conference extension from the phones I want active in the group.

Klaus

2. pj3cx

pj3cx Active Member

Re: Initiate conference call with one touch? Extension or HT

Hi Klaus,
    Have a look at the Call Control API for this matter: http://www.3cx.com/blog/docs/call-control-api/

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.