Initiate conference call with one touch? Extension or HTTP?

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Klaus, Jun 9, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Klaus

I am working on a project where we are using android tablets as intercom devices. What I'm after is the simple capability to be able to initialize a conference call with say 3 clients from a single "button" if you will. I can integrate an extension into a dialer widget if that will work or it looks like there may be some trick I can execute with the HTTP API which can also be launched from a homescreen widget.

My understanding currently is you can of course do a single point to point "intercom" with activating the feature with a *9 call tag which allows immediate 2 way communication or you can setup a paging extension that sends a voice broadcast to multiple clients however that only allows 1 way communication. A conference call merges both if auto-answer is configured on the client side (it is) and would allow 2 way communication with multiple tablets truly providing a group intercom feature. I'm curious if anyone has some ideas here on how to accomplish this?

*edit* I've been playing with the http get commands 3CX is supposed to be able to use but I seem to have trouble getting this to work, is this a feature that has been removed? I may be able to accomplish what I'm after by initializing a simultaneous call in to the 700 conference extension from the phones I want active in the group.

Klaus

2. pj3cx

pj3cx Active Member

Re: Initiate conference call with one touch? Extension or HT

Hi Klaus,
    Have a look at the Call Control API for this matter: http://www.3cx.com/blog/docs/call-control-api/

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.