• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Inplace upgrade 2008R2 to 2012 Standard fails.

Status
Not open for further replies.

sssputnik

Forum User
Reaction score
Tried to do an in place upgrade of Windows Server 2008R2 to Windows Server 2012 Standard.

Upgrade of OS worked, but postgresql db (3CX DB) is missing from services registration and the 3CX config service dependency lists it as having been deleted. (Although all files seem to be there).

3CX v11 SP4 not quite 2012 compatible... Reverting to snapshot. I'll contact support to see if there is a workaround.

Would it be more effective to just backup the 3CX config and install post-upgrade with the restore option on your backup?

It would certainly be possible, but you can't get much easier than a basically one touch in place upgrade to 2012.

We also have a tricky install which requires manual route and NIC configuration.

If 3CX is fully 2012 compatible, the upgrade should work. (I've done in place upgrades on around 10 of our other servers, worst incident was some services were set to disabled and I had to set them back to automatic to work, the 3CX one looked too much trouble to fix).

I'll probably go the fresh install route though.

It is a combo I have not put together just yet. I can say that v12 and 2012 (Essentials and Standard) work fine.. though still I have not done such an upgrade.

Hmm.. may have to consider doing so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ghisl1
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.