Input buffer not cleared after option

Discussion in 'CRM / Helpdesk / App Integration' started by millsey, Nov 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. millsey

millsey New Member

The top of my call flow has a Menu with three options and timeout/invalid. Option 1 calls user defined Component "MainOption1"

"MainOption1" component has a loop component containing a Variable Assignment (for loop checking) and a user input component. What is definitely happening is the user input component is playing the InitialPrompts then straight away is playing the SubsequentPrompts immediately. I have the limites set to MinDigits 6, MaxDigits 14. I suspec that the input buffer from the original menu has not been cleared and the 1 entered for option 1 at the top of the cal flow is being given to the MainOption1 component.

I can see this in the logs where the InitialPrompts and the Subsequent Prompts are both being set internally by "RegisterPrompt()" BEFURE the Prompts_Play() is called.

Millsey

2. VAD_Support

VAD_Support Active Member

Hi,

What value are you using for the "MinTryCount" property when you configure the Subsequent prompts? If you use 0 there, then both the InitialPrompts and the SubsequentPrompts will be played the first time.

Can you send me the 3CXIvrServer.log file in debug mode after reproducing this issue? In debug mode we see each DTMF digit detected and when it is processed, so it will be clear if this is happening or the issue is related to something else. In order to enable debug mode you need to change the file %ProgramData%\3CX\Bin\3CXLogger.ini. Look into that file for the section [3CXIvrServer\Logger\Outputs\LogFile] and change it to something like this:

[3CXIvrServer\Logger\Outputs\LogFile]
    Level=8
    Severity=Log Error Critical Trace
    Format=$ShortDT|$ThreadID|$FileLine:
    KeepBackup=0
    File=C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\3CX\Data\Logs\3CXIvrServer.log
    MaxFileSizeKB=2048

Caution: don't change the File path. If you have a different path then you may have another operating system. Just change the other lines.

Thanks,

3. millsey

millsey New Member

The MinTryCount is set as 1 which is what the program sets by default.

I have set it to 2 and it now seems to be working correctly. It is playing the Initial Prompt but not the subsequent prompt. I have set MaxRetry count to 4 to get round this. Perhaps then it is not starting at zero for the retry count? I am sorry but because I have spent all day on a fairly simple flow I am unable to spend any time on debugging this.

The VAD is clearly a powerful tool but I would not be surprised if many people give up trying to get it doing what they want, it does not behave as the instructions state.

Brian

4. VAD_Support

VAD_Support Active Member

We'll investigate what you described, and fix any bug we find. Thanks for reporting this issue.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.