• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Install Cisco SPA 112

Status
Not open for further replies.

nubi

Reaction score
Hello
How can i integrate a Cisco SPA 112 Gateway?
I added a generic Gateway and set the correct ip, username and Password on the Gateway.
under Extension Status it's green (Registered(idle))
when i call on this phone line it just rings and dont Forward.

The 112 is a two port ATA (Analogue telephone Adapter), not a Gateway, in the way that 3CX understands gateways. A Gateway is normally a device to bring a POTS phone line into 3CX as a trunk. The 112 allows two analogue phones to be used as extensions on 3CX. It should definitely not be connected to a phone line providing voltage, as that is what it does. If you do so, you may very well damage it.

Now, if this is also your understanding of the use of a SPA112, then you need to explain a bit more about the issue you are having.

nubi said:
when i call on this phone line it just rings and dont Forward.

When you call what, from where? Where is what call supposed to forward?

Cisco/Linksys no longer makes single line Gateways, the SPA3102 was the last one.

Hello leejor

Thank you for your answer.
Now i get, that the Cisco SPA112 is an adapter and not a gataway.
i thought the SPA112 replaces the 3102.

If the 112 has a built in router (I think it does) , then it replaces the SPA-2102. Unfortunately there is no replacement for the 3102, at this point. Perhaps if there is a demand, that will change. They are still available, if you shop around.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.