Install Issues on Windows 2008 r2

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by jsalh, May 26, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jsalh

First time using this, and I hope this is posted in the right forum. I am installing the free edition on a Windows 2008 R2 64 bit server with the IIS option. After the install the wizard comes up to finish the installation,at the point where it asks to add a new extension I get this error :

I have also tried to install this on my other server running Windows 2008 64 Bit and get the same error. From what I read this should run on R2 64bit... any one else have this error.

2. SY

SY Well-Known Member
    3CX Support

What is the exact edition of 2008 R2 server?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. jsalh

The main server is Windows 2008 R2 Enterprise - I then tried on the the second server which is Windows 2008 Enterprise and it gives the same error. Both servers have the latest updates

Details included with the error are (the same error for both):

Thanks

4. sigma1

sigma1 Active Member

We did not encounter that problem at all and installed it on pretty much every version of 2008 2008R2 even under HyperV. What else is running on those boxes? SharePoint?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. jsalh

I must be really jixed because I having all these problems, and I do appreciate your help.

On the Windows 2008 box I am running Exchange, on the R2 box I am running nothing - but both are DC's. Then thinking that being a DC is the issue. I tried our other R2 box thats just a plain server on the domain withing nothing else on it. It only has .NET 3.5 (part of the application role), File Server (part of the File services role), most of the Web services that come on by default when you install IIS (part of the Web IIS Role) - and thats it . This box has no AnitVirus software or anything else for that matter - and it also fails. It does have all of he MS updates that the other boxes have. So I figure its either the updates that are killing it, or something in the Group Policies that is blocking it (but I cannot think of what it would be).

6. crosenstock

I am experiencing the exact same problem running on Windows Server 2003 R2 Std. as a VM under Virtual Server 2005 R2

Any ideas? I noticed that the 3CX configuration service will not start.

7. jsalh

I have the same issues with the services - only the 3CX PhoneSystem Database Server service started; but I think this is normal until the Configuration wizards completes what it has to do.

Since all this began, I have uninstalled 3cx and reinstalled 3cx and this time used cassini for the web server - and got the same error.

I have also installed the latest Visual Studio 2005 & 2008 runtime libraries (64bit & the SP1 upgrades) - so see that corrected the problem - but still no luck.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.