Install issues

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by orbyog, Oct 6, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. orbyog

New here and trying to install V14 on:
    Dell power edge 2850 dual xeon 3.2ghz
    Server 2008 R2 x64
    16gb ram
    using IIS
    Had all installed and working before I realized the FQDN I used I needed for elsewhere and figuring the easiest way to change was to uninstall and reinstall 3cx .... wrong!
    After reinstalling I now get an error when opening the services tab:
    "An exception occurred RestartServices Error:System.net.webexception: The request failed with HTTP status 404: Not Found
    at system.web.services.protocols.soaphttpcleintprotocol.readresponse(soapcleintmessage message, webresponse response, stream responsestream, bolean asynccall)" .... too long see picture

After searching I thought soap had to do with .Net so I reinstalled that as well but still have errors, I have tried reinstalling 3 times going through and deleting 3cx references in the reg but still no luck.
    Anyone have some guidance?
    Robert

Attached Files:

2. andreavrsi

Me too, have you resolve the issue?

Thanks

3. raoul81

Hi,
    to fix this issue i have changed .NET Framework Version in "DefaultAppPool" in IIS.
    Default Web Site, uses this Application Pool.

In my case i have solved changing this from ".NET Framework v4.0.30319" to ".NET Framework v2.0.50727"

Hope this help

Bye

4. NickD_3CX

NickD_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

When you uninstalled, did you make sure everything was removed from IIS before re-installing? Also are there any other applications using IIS?

5. triwardhana

I got the same error. when press service, there is error message as above. is there any work around? it happen when upgrade to v14 sp 2. I also try re-install windows but it still happen.

please advise,

6. larteyc

Hi there,

I have the same error but with a different cause, everthing was working fine then when it came to the day to implement the SIP trunk.. all phones were unregistered then when I went to services I get the aforementioned error and also the same error if I try to send mail. Is there a conculsive answer for this? I have uninstalled 3cx and IIS completely but still the same. On a Windows Server 2012 R2 box.

Thanks

7. NickD_3CX

NickD_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Usually (not always) "404 Not Found" errors in the Management Console have something to do with the IIS Default Website which should look exactly like this:
    [​IMG]

If they do not make them like this. Also check:
    - If the Default Website actually does exist. If not you must find a way to add it.
    - If the Default Website is started or not. Make sure it is.
    - If you have in any way modified IIS, e.g. added redirections, remove them.

Now troubleshooting this kind of issue can sometimes be kind of tricky and it could be multiple things causing it, so I would recommend, if you can, open a ticket with the 3CX Support Team.

Attached Files:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.