Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Install location

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by polyphemos, Jun 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. polyphemos

After running various 3CX versions since 5.1 I recently installed 7.1. As usual, I chose to locate the installation on a partition of its own (F:). But this time, only a part of the install turned up in this location, while large chunks installed instead to the default location under C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\

I fail to see any logic in where folders were placed. Most of the Bin folder is on F:, while in the Data folder, only the DB subfolder and part of the IVR subfolder are on F:, all else on C:

Two questions:

1) Is this behaviour by design, and if so, what's the reason for the change? My previous installations have neatly placed themselves where I asked them to.

2) A few folders are possible to move using the management interface. I have done so with the misplaced parts of the IVR folder and it worked fine. Is there any other procedure to move the rest? I seem to remember that in some earlier versions, file locations could be defined in the 3CXPhoneSystem.ini file.

2. mbaltus

I agree that being allowed to select the install location for all files would be great. We now have scripts in place that copy recordings, etc. to a different partition. I haven't come round to check whether those locations can be moved in the settings, but that would be beneficial.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.