install problem with 3cx phone system version 5

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by jhurd, Jan 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jhurd

After installing latest version of the PBX software version 5 (build 3790) I am unable to connect to the management console. I get these messages:

CX Phone System internal error. Can't connect to the database server - server unreachable (may be stopped)

SQLSTATE[08006] [7] could not connect to server: Connection refused (0x0000274D/10061)<br />
    Is the server running on host "???" and accepting<br />
    TCP/IP connections on port 5480?<br>#0 C:\Program Files\3CX PhoneSystem\Data\Http\functions\CallContext.php(37): PDO->__construct('pgsql:dbname=ph...', 'admin', 'admin')<br />
    #1 C:\Program Files\3CX PhoneSystem\Data\Http\functions\CallContext.php(86): CallContext->getConnection()<br />
    #2 C:\Program Files\3CX PhoneSystem\Data\Http\functions\fExtension.php(78): CallContext->safeExec('select DN.IDDN ...', Array, 'Cannot get Exte...')<br />
    #3 C:\Program Files\3CX PhoneSystem\Data\Http\functions\fObject.php(90): fExtension->getData()<br />
    #4 C:\Program Files\3CX PhoneSystem\Data\Http\index.php(7): fObject->getManager()<br />
    #5 {main}

When I run "services.msc" command I see that the PhoneSystem and PhoneSystem Database Server are not started.

2. hkeem_3000

Can't connect to the database server - server unreachable (may be stopped)

SQLSTATE[08006] [7] could not connect to server: Connection refused (0x0000274D/10061)<br />
    Is the server running on host "???" and accepting<br />
    TCP/IP connections on port 5480?<br>#0 C:\Program Files\3CX PhoneSystem\Data\Http\functions\CallContext.php(37): PDO->__construct('pgsql:dbname=ph...', 'hkeem', '3056041')<br />
    #1 C:\Program Files\3CX PhoneSystem\Data\Http\functions\CallContext.php(86): CallContext->getConnection()<br />
    #2 C:\Program Files\3CX PhoneSystem\Data\Http\functions\fExtension.php(78): CallContext->safeExec('select DN.IDDN ...', Array, 'Cannot get Exte...')<br />
    #3 C:\Program Files\3CX PhoneSystem\Data\Http\functions\fObject.php(90): fExtension->getData()<br />
    #4 C:\Program Files\3CX PhoneSystem\Data\Http\index.php(7): fObject->getManager()<br />
    #5 {main}

Please I nee help in this case

Notes

My operating system is windows XP
    I use explorer 7
    And kaspersky internet security 6

3. Philco

Philco Member

4. landfiets

landfiets New Member

what version of XP are you using?
    try to stop the antivirus and install again.
    I hope u have XP pro, otherwise it's getting difficult

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Philco

Philco Member

Hi Landfets, I dont know if you read my postings on the problems, but basically, if I install 3cx and then imediately configure the ext and lines etc, it works 100%. If I then close down the laptop, and reboot, 3cx server runs ok, all phones and lines work, but I cannot get into the maintenance console and I get the erros described by the guys above.

Its the first time I've seen anyone else with the problem.

Anyhow, in the past I have tried installing with firewall off (which is F-Secure and set to allow 3cx free access and exit).

Phil

6. landfiets

landfiets New Member

When I'm right it is port 5481 which is the webinterface. I know what you mean , I had the same on XP.
    Try in your network to reach the system form another computer.
    Otherwise it has to do with the stupid Antivirus. I had the same prob. I installed it on Windows 2003 server and the prob was gone, but I couldnt install a viruschecker otherwiser the prob would come again. It turns out it has to do with the antivirus.
    It blocks some ports for you internet webinterface of 3cx. Take a look there if you can "free" something from there. There are some antivirus progs which work badly with 3CX

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. Philco

Philco Member

Thanks, I'll try it.

Regards

Phil

8. Philco

Philco Member

Well I tried without antivirus and I still didnt get in.

I wonder of the others have managed to by turning antivirus off.

Phil

9. hkeem_3000

Can't connect to the database server - server unreachable (m

Dear all
    I tried to reinstall 3cx agene and turned off my antivirus but without any change this message still appear

Can't connect to the database server - server unreachable (may be stopped)

10. landfiets

landfiets New Member

I t looks like the services don't start. I have a batch file to start service. When you PM me your email I'll send it to you, maybe that helps

11. Philco

Philco Member

I'll try that as I a batch file for start and stop.

Phil

12. Philco

Philco Member

I hope the 3cx development team are reading this..

Regards the above problem which I had posted before some months ago, using a batch file to stop the services and then restarting them (probably in a diffrent order to what they are via the normal default start up order) I can access the server consol on my laptop.

I am aware that the UK 3cx distributor had some concerns in the order the applications are being started, perhap the 3cx development team cold contact them and see what order they are sugesting starting the servers. It is their batch file I just used which they gave me a month ago to enable me to start and stop the servers without shutting he PC down when upgrading.

Thanks landfiets for suggesting I try it.

Phil

13. Nebula

Nebula New Member

Any chance one of you could post the batchfile please. I have the same problem, all OK when installed but following a reboot no database server. All services are started except for the database server, if I try and start it manually I get error 1069: The service did not start due to a logon failure.

Thanks

14. Philco

Philco Member

15. Nebula

Nebula New Member

Thanks for that link.

My problem turned out to be another issue. I ended up resetting the local user password for "phonesystem_3cx_", resetting the permissions on the db directory and putting the new password into the logon details for the db service. Not tried a reboot since so don't know if this is a permanent fix or if it will ocurr again.

Thanks again.

16. Nebula

Nebula New Member

Problem still occured after a reboot.

Here is how I have fixed it. I created an account in Active Directory for "phonesystem_3cx_", reset the permissions for the database folder to full control for the new AD account, set the logon credentials for the 3CX PhoneSystem Database Server service to use the new AD account and everything is now OK after a reboot.

17. Nick Galea

Nick Galea Site Admin

This should not be necessary on most systems. You must have some security policies in place preventing creation and configuration of this special account needed for the database.

18. Nebula

Nebula New Member

Nothing unusual as far as security policies go, if there were I would expect problems creating the account in the first place. When first installed it all works OK. It is only after a reboot of the server (2003 member server in AD domain) that the problem occurs. Never mind my work around works so I will not waste any more time on the original problem.

I have not tested this on an SBS2003 server running as a domain controller yet, are there any known issues to be aware of?

Cheers

Rick

19. CCollins

Hi. I am a new 3CX user. When you add the AD account, is this just on the workstation -- or do you add it to the AD server, too? In other words, do I need to engage my network administrator? Or, can I just add this on the workstation/server in question?

thanks,

CC,
    Atlanta, GA

20. matthijsolislagers

matthijsolislagers New Member

I'm running on single nic SBS2003 without problems.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.