• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Install Problems - Please help

Status
Not open for further replies.

haywardi

Free User
Reaction score
Hi,

I've been using V9 successfully since above Feb this year.

However, the system that runs V9 is not really suitable for running 3CX so I thought I would run a clean install of V10 on a new server.

The install went with out a hitch and to make things easy I even change the new servers IP address to the old and switched the old one to a new IP...

Looking at the management console, my IP provider register and all me extensions registered. Hay cracked it! or so I thought.

However, when making a call I don't get the ringing tone whilst I wait for the call to be picked up and when the call is picked up, I get no sound AT ALL.

Does anyone have any ideas please?

Thanks in advance
Iain

Ok, before anyone asked, I just ran a firewall check with the following results
3CX Firewall Checker, v1.0. Copyright (C) 3CX Ltd. All rights reserved.

<14:59:16>: Phase 1, checking servers connection, please wait...
<14:59:16>: Stun Checker service is reachable. Phase 1 check passed.
<14:59:16>: Phase 2a, Check Port Forwarding to UDP SIP port, please wait...
<14:59:21>: UDP SIP Port is set to 5060. NO RESPONSE received. Phase 2a check FAILED.

Doesn't make a lot of sense as A) I checked the router settings and 5060 is open and routing to the server and B) V9 on a different server a works!

Confused of Reading :)
Iain

A further update.
I continued 'tinkering' yesterday and all of a sudden, it started working.

I have no idea why. The tinkering was limited to registering another VoIP provider and some general set up!

A little worried as it may break and I have no idea how to fix it.

All thoughts appreciated.
Iain

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.