Install Problems_Error Ultidev Cassini Detected Remove it

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by deanins, Apr 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. deanins

using Win XP Home edition SP-2

I previously installed 3cx and had to abort the install. Then I uninstalled 3cx (I thought).

Now I am trying to reinstall and I have a problem.

The error screen says,"Ultidev Cassini was detected on this computer. Please uninstall Ultidev Cassini Web Server from ASP,Net 2.0 from the control panel and reboot the machine. I don't know why 3cx would need me to remove Cassini in the 1st place.

When I go to the Control Panel there is no listing of Cassini to remove. I have done everything I can think of including: 1) using the installation checker-it says all OK to install, 2) Removed references to Ultideve Cassini in the registry (I have back up copy 0f registry).

What am I missing?

2. MichaelB

MichaelB Member
    3CX Support

Hi, can you please check if Ultidev Cassini service is still running.
    ( go to Start > run > Services.msc)

If you need any help please let me know.
    Thanks

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. deanins

Hi Michael,

I checked in the services but forgot to put that in my post and it was on automatic so in Properties I selected "Disable".

What else should I do? I really appreciate your help on this as I need to get this up and running as soon as I can. Thanks

Randy

4. MichaelB

MichaelB Member
    3CX Support

Hi, Randy best way to do this is by following what says in the blog.
    Here is the link, http://www.3cx.com/blog/docs/uninstall-check/

Also, Check for any ultidev registry because when disabling the service of course you cant uninstall ultidev cassini.

Make ulti dev cassini automatic( which is by default) , Restart the service and Stop the service and try to check for any ultidev cassini in your local machine.

This is not normal because when installing and uninstalling it has a roll back mechanism so I don't know what happened???

Do the following and send me back.
    Thanks

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. MichaelB

MichaelB Member
    3CX Support

Also read this document http://www.3cx.com/blog/docs/using-the-msi-cleanup-utility/ and install the utility tool to find any traces.

Thanks & Regards

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.