• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Install version 12.5 on version 12 cloud install

Status
Not open for further replies.

fonewiz

Reaction score
I currently have version 12 of 3CX Cloud PBX installed with two tenants running version 12.

Can I now install a third version 12.5 tenant or do I need to upgrade the other version 12 tenants?

Do I need to upgrade the cloud install as well?

Hi there,
Unfortunately you can't restore a 12.5 standalone backup on cloud server 12 tenant, however you could do that on a virtual pbx v14.
Please consider upgrading to the new version.

Thanks for your response. I am not trying to restore a tenant, I want to install a new tenant.

Also, is version 14 in production yet or still an RC beta? I have no desire to run a company's phones on beta software. :shock:

Thanks.

To add a new tenant on your cloud server v12 you must do this by running again its installer.
As for the v14 it has been released yesterday, the RC became final.

Thanks.

So it sounds like the answer to my question is no. On my current cloud server install version 12, I must run the same version 12 installer for each new tenant, I understand that now.

Can I then upgrade the tenants to 12.5 individually or must I do them all at once?

The thing is that there is no intermediary update between cloud 12 sp6.2 and multi-instance v14, v12.5 was for standalone edition only.
So all tenants of cloud server v12 remain v12 or can be migrated to v14, using this method : http://www.3cx.com/blog/docs/migrate-v12-cloud-server-to-v14-virtual-pbx/

If we don't follow the instructions to keep the ports the same can we just do a backup then a restore on v14 and start over with ports, I've never been happy with the way I did it in the beginning and would like to start over with ports but don't want to have to manually recreate the extensions on the tenants.

Yup you can do that aswell.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ghisl1
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.