Install windows updates on a working 3CX v14

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by datatech1, Dec 16, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. datatech1

May 17, 2010
    Has anyone installed Microsoft Windows Updates on a server that they already have a 3CX v14 running on?
    I am only asking as it specifically says in the setup instructions to install ALL windows updates especially the .NET updates BEFORE installing the 3CX phone system on the machine.

We have a machine which is currently in use and we want to install the latest round of Microsoft Updates on the server to ensure it is kept up to date.

Anyone's thoughts and experience on this would be appreciated.

Kind regards,
  2. full2

Nov 18, 2015
    Actually I just had this happen this morning to me. We use a rmm tool to manage our servers and being new to 3cx I set it up to patch automatically. This am I got some errors on the services not running. The two instances 9, and 8, had about 4 services that failed to start or started and failed. I had to manually start them, even a additional reboot failed to fix the issue. The question I have is the same as yours;

Does 3cx want/let us patch the windows installation? If so is there a specific method to do so.

I had this issue when we first spun up our instance to fix I had to back up, uninstall, re install, restore, and then reconnect to 3cx erp.

Looking for answer as well.
    Neil Ecker

Running in AWS, Windows Server 2012 R2
    3cx v14
    Labtech RMM
    Vembu Storegrid
    Vipre endpoint.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.